..:: PCSX2 Forums ::..

Full Version: Final Fantasy X Slow Cutscenes
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello!
I'm trying to play Final Fantasy X here with the disc, and it runs relatively smooth. Gameplay is about a constant 60 FPS, but however in the first cinematic cutscene, my FPS goes down by 30 FPS with some choppy noise and graphics.

AMD Athlon X2 II 245 2.9 GHZ
2 GB RAM DDR2
Nvidia 9500 GT
Windows XP SP3

Using PS2X 0.9.6
dump an iso off your DVD and run it with linuz iso plugin.
try using latest beta instead of 0.9.6 too
Hello again!

Thanks for your reply.
I've done as you suggested now the framerates are more steady, but it seems all of the cinematic cutscenes are corrupted.

I dumped an .iso off of the dvd with dvd decryptor and it came off at 4.19 GB.

[Image: pcsx2r31132010071419253.png]

[Image: pcsx2r31132010071419271.png]
there is a gamefix for that and if thats not enough try software mode while on the videos
(07-15-2010, 02:07 AM)iakoboss7 Wrote: [ -> ]there is a gamefix for that and if thats not enough try software mode while on the videos

Oh thanks, I didn't realize there was a gamefix for FFX. Smile That solved it.
(07-15-2010, 02:07 AM)iakoboss7 Wrote: [ -> ]there is a gamefix for that and if thats not enough try software mode while on the videos

Thanks for that! I ran this game fine on 0.9.6 and I couldnt' figure out why it wasn't working on 0.9.7 ^^;; its been awhile since I used pcsx2.
With those specs it should run a lot better than mine, and I'm getting full speed on a pentium 4. lol.
Hey where is that game fix located?
Config -> Emulation Settings -> Game Fixes