..:: PCSX2 Forums ::..

Full Version: Xenosaga II: good FPS, strange stuttering
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
So, played through XS I succesfully on PCSX2 and now I'm on XS II. I am surprised that the FPS are surprisingly good, however there is a problem. The game stutters. It kinda feels like, if an intesive PC game is running on a machine with low RAM, feels like loading pauses/stuttering. General gameplay is affected, but cutscenes and FMVs as well. Disabling speed hacks does not fix the issue. Neither does checking native. Interlace modes do not seem to cut it as well. I do not have this problem with other games. Using latest Beta and the PAL version of the game.
Another question: What are generally the best settings for Xenosaga II, seems like it is much different from I? Are there some issues and special setting, to fix certain problems or speed up the game?
Check Allow 8 Bit textures in GSdx that should do it
Oh yes, much better now. Thanks. I am also extremely suprised, how well this game runs. Looks better than XS I and is much faster heehe.
Sorry to bother, but the stuttering is still there. Especially in cutscenes. Anyone got info on this issue?