..:: PCSX2 Forums ::..

Full Version: Dragon Quest 8 - invinsible monster bug
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I just played Dragon Quest 8 with 3113 revision, the game runs fine with decent FPS but i encountered a strange bug. Some monster types are invisible, i can defeat them but the game always hangs after that.

I tried to turn off speed hack, change graphic plugin... etc but still no luck. Can anyone help me config to fix the bug or suggest a version the game runs perfectly with, thanks.
Hmm, I saw reporting of this issue although can't remember for sure where or if it got solution, anyway it seems to be related with specific locations and is not a graphic bug in the broad sense.

Until someone comes with more positive answer I recommend you abusing the save state (F1) after each battle and load (F3) if the issue happens, at least until you get out that point in the game. The issue seems to affect even the boss fight, be aware. It seems to be random too, and the same battle may work fine or fail completely in different instants/circumstances.

PS: For example, if the issue happens when you go directly over the enemy try a different approach, another direction and so on.
Iv completed DQ8 with rev3113 without any problems. Are you running from the disk or are you using an iso?
I used an iso - mdf format. Monster has bug are always invisible. The only solution is run from them but it's extremely annoying and sometime didn't work.
(07-22-2010, 07:15 AM)Ilogis Wrote: [ -> ]I used an iso - mdf format. Monster has bug are always invisible. The only solution is run from them but it's extremely annoying and sometime didn't work.

I made my ISO with ISOBuster and no problems at all Smile. You can use it, it's free Tongue