..:: PCSX2 Forums ::..

Full Version: Backside flipped enemies in FFX?!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
As you can see a screen in the attachment (sorry for the bad file, i don't have good programs on my windows), i'm getting an odd bug playing FFX, having monsters turned back when fighting. This also happened on the previous boss, Geosgaeno, but with also Tidus being turned back. Though, this didn't happen previously when fighting in Zanarkand with Auron.
What could cause this to happen?
actually this is how the game works, depends if you ambush an enemy or that enemy ambush you! happens on the ps2 console also
What emulator version are you using? that seems to be a case of sprite mirroring issue.

Information like your machine specs and PCSX2 version and configuration, plugins used and their configuration certainly do help to pinpoint and workaround the problem.

PS: @iakoboss7, you came first with better information Smile
nope, that's a bug in FFX. If I remeber well, it should be fixed if you set clamp mode to extra.
but i remember this happening in my console also sometimes!!!! strange... maybe my memory is acting weird...
nope you're both right. You can ambush enemies or be ambushed.
but it never happens with bosses. And sometimes, 1 character (not the whole team) or the boss itself is turning back, attacking the void, but the attack hits you eventually.
I even remember seeing Auron running all around the battlefield before hitting the enemy because he was facing the wrong direction Tongue2
Long ago I had that strange issue that happened on the widescreen modded version of Planescape Torment, where in hardware dx mode the sprites became mirrored and moved in strange ways (like walking backside), but I never saw it in the emulator or the console itself (as an issue I mean).

It's a strange bug (dare I say funny?) and playing with the clamping to correct it sounds sensible Smile
(07-22-2010, 11:19 PM)iakoboss7 Wrote: [ -> ]actually this is how the game works, depends if you ambush an enemy or that enemy ambush you! happens on the ps2 console also

your mom happends to be btch too