..:: PCSX2 Forums ::..

Full Version: Devil May Cry, Metal Gear Solid 3 and Shadow of Colossus Full Speed Config
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I played around with DMC this weekend and got a good config for it. I'm running it at full speed.

Here it is:

Pcsx2 beta r1888

Graphics: Latest GSDX
Direct3D 10
Texture Filtering Enabled
Vsync Enabled (You can disable if you want)
Native Res works but mine is not on native, play around with it.

Sound: Latest SPU-2X
Interpolation - None (Again play around if you want)
X-Audio 2
Time Stretch Enabled

Speed Hacks:

Use X2 Cycle Rate
INTC Sync Hack
Enable IOP X2 Cycle Rate

Advance Options:

EE Recs Options
- Round mode: Chop/Zero
- Clamp Mode: Normal
- Enable Denormals are Zero

VU Recs Options
- Round Mode: Chop/Zero
- Clamp Mode: Normal
- Enable Denormals are Zero

That's it. My game runs at full speed, lowest I got so far was 97% speed.
I'm running it from an ISO, don't know if running from the dvd will affect speeds.

I'm juggling work and varsity at the moment, so if you have a question and I don't reply immediately, my apologies.
Oh sorry, my specs are:

AMD Phenom II X6 1055T 2.8Ghz
4Gig DDR2 800Mhz RAM
Nvidia 8800GT 512mb
Windows 7 Ultimate 64-Bit

For Metal Gear Solid 3, use the same setup except at the Advance options, set everything to Chop/Zero and enable Flush to Zero. In GSDX, disable Vsync. My MGS 3 runs at full speed too.

Here is my config for Shadow of Colossus

PCSX2 beta r1888 (0.9.7beta runs this game HORRIBLY)

Graphics: Latest GSDX of course.
Direct3D 10 Hardware
Texture Filtering Enabled
Internal Res - Up to your GFX Card (Thanx Rezard for that info)

Sound:
Latest Pe.op.s SPU2
Interpolation and reverb disabled (I haven't tried other sound plugins yet)

Speed Hacks:
X2 Cycle Rate
INTC Sync Hack
Enable IOP X2 Cycle Rate
Status Flag Hack
VU Cycle stealing - DISABLE. This actually slows the game down. I think it's ok if you use the slight speedup but don't go higher.

Another user (Shadow Lady) pointed out that the VU Cycle Stealing works better if you disable some other hacks, thanx for the info, it just didn't work for me.

Advanced:
In a nutshell, put everything on chop/zero and none
Enable Flush to Zero and Denormals are Zero

I haven't played very far. I've killed the 1st Colossus. The game is running very smooth.

Hope this helps.
thank you for the information, very useful for me Smile
(07-26-2010, 06:19 PM)PyramidHead Wrote: [ -> ]thank you for the information, very useful for me Smile

It's a pleasure man, glad it helped.
Does Bangle of Time works well?
For me it shows only grey sreen when activated
(07-26-2010, 11:49 PM)senseless Wrote: [ -> ]Does Bangle of Time works well?
For me it shows only grey sreen when activated

Bangle of Time? I don't know what that is hey. I haven't had the time to properly play these games and I haven't played Devil May Cry in 4 years. I'm still on the 3rd or 4th mission and not very far with Metal Gear.
I'm a little confused...

When you say "enable Denormals are Zero" and don't mention "enable Flush to Zero", do you mean "disable Flush to Zero" (as they're both enabled by default)?

And what about 0.9.7? Worse? Better? When you say "latest GSdx", are you meaning a 3113 or newer revision?

As for MGS3, the FPS is great at first, but how is it for you once you enter the "Dremuchij Swampland"?
(07-27-2010, 01:37 AM)Rezard Wrote: [ -> ]I'm a little confused...

When you say "enable Denormals are Zero" and don't mention "enable Flush to Zero", do you mean "disable Flush to Zero" (as they're both enabled by default)?

And what about 0.9.7? Worse? Better? When you say "latest GSdx", are you meaning a 3113 or newer revision?

As for MGS3, the FPS is great at first, but how is it for you once you enter the "Dremuchij Swampland"?

Sorry about that, yes Disable Flush to Zero. I actually saw a difference in framerate when I enabled it. 0.9.7 is worse for Devil May Cry. I tried r1888 and 0.9.7 for Metal Gear 3. Not much of a difference. Yes, the Swampland did slow down a bit but not enough to annoy me. So far every other area is running full speed.
I now combined my DMC, MGS3 and Shadow of Colossus threads, sorry for posting them all over the place. Please, I'm only trying to help, don't shoot at me if something doesn't work for you. All our pc's are different. I'm not saying my config is the ULTIMATE BEST there is. This is just what's working for me and I'm sharing it. If it doesn't work well for you, I'm sorry about that. Just use my config as a starting guide and make your own changes. I'll appreciate any input or extra configs, that way people will be able to try more than just mine.
Nice guide, thanks!!!
(07-27-2010, 12:50 PM)Dora1403 Wrote: [ -> ]Nice guide, thanks!!!

My pleasure. Glad it helped.
Pages: 1 2