..:: PCSX2 Forums ::..

Full Version: Cant install pcsx2 in linux
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Nevermind, i somehow got this working. But anyways, it seems none of the cdvd plugins that come with this can load isos. So i downloaded some plugins but they were all .dll's. Then i found a .so so i tried to use that one. libCDVDlinuz.so. But when i go to configure, it's not there. Any tips? I dont really care much for the particular plugin so if you have another one that works and loads iso's that would be great.
I have't used linux in a while, but that probably means you're missing a dependancy
Use the built-in iso loader, it works just fine! (CDVD -> Iso Selector -> Browse)

An easier way to have the latest version of pcsx2 and it's plugins installed (on Ubuntu) is to add the pcsx2 ppa, you can read how to do it on http://code.google.com/p/pcsx2/wiki/Comp...deForLinux

Btw, you won't have any speed ups on Ubuntu because the GsDx (directx windows plugin) is way more advanced than it's opengl linux counterpart (zzogl-pg).
Pages: 1 2