..:: PCSX2 Forums ::..

Full Version: Help, Ratchet and Clank 2
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hello !
I´m from Germany, so i can´t speak good english^,^ .. if anybody can answer me in german(PLEASE, NO TRANSLATION WITH GOOGLE,...), please do it !^^
So, my problem:
I use the " pcsx2-r1888 ", because anybody from another forum say´d me, it´s the best emulator version(i dont know why^^)
At the newest version, Ratchet and Clank 2 doesn´t run..
Only at pcsx2-r1888 ! It works, but very, very slow ! What can i do ?
My LapTop:
Ähm.. look here: http://www.acer.co.uk/acer/productv.do?L...3503657341
Best regards, Sleyer
PS: I have Windows Vista Home Premium
Please wirte me the best configuration..
THANKS
r&c series are quite demanding.
set gsdx internal res to native as your GPu is quite weak
set both clamp modes to none
and use some speedhacks 1 by 1
that said, the best thing you should do would be buyin another PC or keep playing with your PS2, as I don't think your laptop is made to handle heavy soft like pcsx2 Sad
THANKS for your very fast answer.. do you understanding my bad english? :o cool^^..
okey, just a moment i will try it
E: What do you mean with "and use some speedhacks 1 by 1" ? What must i change? It´s normal, "Default Cycle Rate" ..
Mh.. I changed it to "2.0" (speed).. it´s a little bit faster.. bot not enought for me^.^..
Cool! I dont know how, but it runs now faster..
Hello Sleyer,

First of all, I am also from Germany Smile

The Ratchet and Clank series are known to have graphical issues (probably LoD related as Refraction once assumed) and to be very demanding.

You will need a good CPU for it to run at fullspeed, be sure to activate the speedhacks (I recommend to only activate the speedhacks on the left side of the Window, since activating the microvu hacks and VU stealing actually resulted in a FPS loss for me, but you may want to try them out)

Also I would highly recommend you to altest download the lates PCSX2 Beta here: http://pcsx2.net/downloads.php?p=publicbeta oder better yet, the latest SVN for example, here: *removed*

Be aware that there will be graphical errors in this game.

PS. I actually completed both R&C 2 and 3 on PCSX2 and it ran at about 35-50 fps on my Phenom X2 550 3,2ghz.

And please post your speccs,

Bitte deine Computer Hardware, also CPU, Grafikarte und Ram bitte reinschreiben das sollte reichen und uns weiterhelfen.
Here my Computer speccs:
Prozessor: Intel® Core™2 Duo CPU T6400 @ 2.00GHz 2.00 GHz

RAM: 4,00 GB

PLease help Smile
surely you won't get playable speeds with that weak cpu.
use gsdx dx10 mode to get a little speedboost, but i guess it won't be enough
Can I do NOTHING, that the game is playable ?
-.-
2 solutions :
stick to your PS2
buy a powerful PC (desktop ideally)
Dunno about you guys, but I have a similar spec laptop (Acer 8935 G) and I'm running Ratchet & Clank 3 at playable speeds (PAL version): 40-50 FPS (mostly staying on the 50 FPS side except in very large areas). On a 1920x1080 internal res even. You shouldn't use the r1888 revision, it's a lot slower and more buggier for me. Rather try the 0.97 beta.

I use all speedhacks except VU cycle stealing at moderate and no vu block hack, you should try that too. You don't need a super computer to run anything, you just need to be smart enough to experiment which speedhacks work for which game.
Hello Wink Thanks for your usefull answer..
I use 0.96.. Its nice, but i can only use the Gigaherz´s CDVD Plugin .. or so..
it runs very faster, but 1 secound bevore i can play(after a video szene) it doesn´t load..
Sorry i cant explain it good in english, in german:
Bei mir lädt´s einfach nicht.. Wer ratchet und clank kennt; da kommt diese flugzeugszene, dann steht da der Planet, und weiter gehts net.. da steht die ganzezeit nur der planet und nicht mehr.. WAS KANN ICH TUHEN?? bin am verzweifeln
Pages: 1 2