..:: PCSX2 Forums ::..

Full Version: FFXII optimization tips?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
New to PS2 emulation, and i've gotten part way through the game, I've noticed when multiple characters are rendered on screen like in the city, or a large expanse of field comes into sight out on the field, my fps will drop to 40fps or so, making the music and sounds sound very oddly, and watch Vaan run in slow motion.

I fear the problem will only compound once I get party members, and wanted to know if I could do anything to improve my performance?

Comp Specs:

Windows 7 x64
AMD Phenom 9500 2.2ghz Quad Core
4GB RAM
Nvidia 9600 GT

Running v 0.9.7.3113 may 29 2010

Would a different version of the emulator work better? a particular bios? any of my settings off/ could be improved? Or is it my hardware?

[Image: settingskl.jpg]
try using microvu recompiler
(08-09-2010, 02:22 PM)jesalvein Wrote: [ -> ]try using microvu recompiler

The difference is insignificant.
your hardware (especially cpu) is a bit weak for pcsx2.
overclocking it may help a bit, though...
(08-09-2010, 02:39 PM)jesalvein Wrote: [ -> ]your hardware (especially cpu) is a bit weak for pcsx2.
overclocking it may help a bit, though...

I've read I can tweak this particular cpu up to 2.67 safely, you really think that would do the trick?
It'll help, yea. (3Ghz would be even better though Wink )
It'll also help if you put SPU2-X to async mixing which will make the sound slowdown
not degrade quality so much. You'll see what I mean.
Keep in mind that async mixing may cause the game to hang. Disable it then and try again.