..:: PCSX2 Forums ::..

Full Version: Dragon Ball Z Budokai Tenkaichi 3 Cheats
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi im looking cheats for Dragon Ball Z Budokai Tenkaichi 3 like godmode. Im using pcsx2 0.9.7.
There is a thread about those requests and + you didn't tell use which version of the game you have
Im using pal i now i downloaded pcsx 0.9.6 and i looked at this thread http://forums.pcsx2.net/Thread-DragonBal...hi-3--6381 i tried everything i put that file in patches folder than in misc i enabled patches i started the game and my health can be damaged.
0.9.6 will not help if the codes you got are for the NTSC version. Since all cheats are INDEED applied, even if in the wrong place, you may end without what you want and worse, possibly with a corruption in any savegame that uses the addresses incorrectly patched.

So, although it's not clearly stated it's to be supposed the codes you got Aren't for your game version. And in doing so you risk breaking the game.
What is NTSC??? Sorry im 100% new with emulators.
NTSC and PAL are TV standards, consoles are built to play in TVs fundamentally. Among others properties, in PS2, PAL runs at 50FPS and NTSC at 60FPS.
That should means nothing for the cheat but the trouble is the actual programs are different and so they addresses things differently.

In another thread I made an analogy that can help to understand what happens. It's the concept of Houses, Addresses and the letter.

What you want is to deliver a letter to your buddy's house, to do it you need to provide the house's address so the postman will deliver it correctly.
For the house you can understand the place where determined attribute is held and it's what you want to change (let's say the hero's STR, for example), and the letter is the value of that change.

Different versions of the game have different addresses for the same house and so the postman still delivers your letter to the same address you gave him, just it will get in the wrong house.

So, you told your game is PAL, it means it is designed for certain regions that adopts the TV's PAL standard, Europe probably. NTSC is used mainly in USA and Japan and even in this case there is a difference in version. It's not enough to define the game being PAL or NTSC albeit it being sufficient for making the code void/invalid. What really matters is the Game's version the code was created and the game you actually have are the same.
maybe this will help
(IsoFS) Block 0x10: Primary partition info.
(GetElfName) Detected PS2 Disc = cdrom0:\SLES_549.45;1
(GetElfName) Software version = 1.00
(GetElfName) Disc region type = PAL
Disc ID = SLES-54945
Initializing Elf: 2120932 bytes
ELF (cdrom0:\SLES_549.45;1) CRC = A422BB13
Entry point = 0x00100008
Game = Dragonball Z Budokai Tenkaichi 3 (PAL-E)
(GetElfName) Detected PS2 Disc = cdrom0:\SLES_549.45;1
(GetElfName) Software version = 1.00
(GetElfName) Disc region type = PAL
# Restart Without Memory Clear.
(UpdateVSyncRate) Mode Changed to NTSC.
(UpdateVSyncRate) FPS Limit Changed : 59.94 fps
(UpdateVSyncRate) Mode Changed to PAL.
(UpdateVSyncRate) FPS Limit Changed : 50.00 fps