..:: PCSX2 Forums ::..

Full Version: cant play final fantasy 10
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hi,

first, please excuse my bad english, but their is no german sub-forum. Sad

i've got a problem with the psx2 emulator.

i followed the german installation and configuration guide in this forum.

now i want to play my original Excl final fantasy 10.

but nothing happens. the game didn't start and the emulator can't be closed.
task manager doesn't help. no error message.

i can post a list of plugins, configuration and pc hardware, but is there anything i
can try before? for example i read on the internet, that the Linuz cd/dvd plugin doesn't
work with original dvds, so i replaced it with the P E Op S Plugin.

Can anyone help me?

additional problems:

- when i start the emulator, it says that it can't read memory card 1 and 2.
- i re-started the emulator and now i have to reconfigure the following things:

bios
cd/dvdrom
graphics
where did you get your version of pcsx2? from pcsx2.net? if not, get it from there.

second: use the gigaherz dvd-plugin or create an iso from your game and use the build-in iso loader.
Rip an ISO from your DVD and run it as that.

You can add memory cards my going to the memory card window.

You have to dump your own BIOS for the emulator to work.
ok it works...

the problem is now that the gamepad-configurations are always on default after re-start or when i click on config.

how can i fix that problem?

plugin is SSSPSX PAD Plugin
Use LilyPad.
First and very important, if it's installed in c:\Program Files x(86) uninstall it and install in something Like C:\Games\PCSX. Actually you should avoid installing any game in those C:\Program Files folders.

If the OS is Windows 7 you should avoid using PCSX2 with virtual drivers (like Daemon, Alcohol, etc). That's because they use SPTD that has issues with Vista and seven.

There is two ways to use ISO in PCSX2 0.9.7, the first is the internal reader (you don't need any plugin with it). You must select the ISO directly from the Browse function under CDVD -> Iso selector in the GUI. Make sure "Iso" is selected and not "Plugin" and no image mounted elsewhere.

The other way is actually using Linus Iso plugin. In that case you must select the ISO from inside the plugin and make sure "Plugin" is selected on the GUI.

Anyway, once the Iso is selected the game is started normally by the "Boot CDVD (fast)" option in "System"

Good Luck.
(08-22-2010, 08:57 PM)nosisab Ken Keleh Wrote: [ -> ]First and very important, if it's installed in c:\Program Files x(86) uninstall it and install in something Like C:\Games\PCSX. Actually you should avoid installing any game in those C:\Program Files folders.

I've always installed PCSX2 in C:\Program Files x(86)\PCSX2 and it's always worked for me.
Yes, and I fell from a tree once and only broke one leg, nothing serious. Still I'd rather not repeating the experience.
(08-22-2010, 10:37 PM)nosisab Ken Keleh Wrote: [ -> ]Yes, and I fell from a tree once and only broke one leg, nothing serious. Still I'd rather not repeating the experience.

That metaphor makes no sense...
Please Darkfang, at least try not hampering a good advice, even because PCSX2 is easy to reinstall but it's not that simple and painless having to uninstall a PC game, mainly a heavily modded PC game...

Not to mention statistics from this very forum show many threads with permission issues which started exactly by installing in 'specially protected' or 'proprietary' folders, and the C:\Program Files appearing as the #1 villain.
Pages: 1 2