..:: PCSX2 Forums ::..

Full Version: P.E.Op.S. PS2 SPU2 DSound driver
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
maybe im missing something but when i put the plugin in the plugins directory i dont have it as a selection in the drop down menu for sound plugins and im not exactly sure why. i only want to use it because of this issue

http://code.google.com/p/pcsx2/issues/detail?id=530

where one of the comments says that TOD DC plays great with that plugin.

i have tried it in the vesions available for download as well as ones i compiled myself and it still isnt selectable.
any help would be appreciated.
thanks
I'm really not sure about the reason but since yours not the first report with the same symptoms it points for a common reason, probably that plugin version is outdated and incompatible with the new GUI/emulator.

I don't know if Pete is still supporting and updating it but looking at his site is the way to go if using the plugin is imperative to you. SPU2-X delivered with the installer is known to have some issues with some games and most those issues were fixed in the "plugins" update at the download page, you can try it.
(09-01-2010, 03:26 PM)nosisab Ken Keleh Wrote: [ -> ]I'm really not sure about the reason but since yours not the first report with the same symptoms it points for a common reason, probably that plugin version is outdated and incompatible with the new GUI/emulator.

I don't know if Pete is still supporting and updating it but looking at his site is the way to go if using the plugin is imperative to you. SPU2-X delivered with the installer is known to have some issues with some games and most those issues were fixed in the "plugins" update at the download page, you can try it.

thanks for the reply. i tried searching the forums but had no luck with finidng any information. well i guess im not the only one with this issue. ill look into it a bit further.
You didn't show what message error the plugin might show so I'm just guessing here but try the one that comes with PCSX2 0.9.6:
http://pcsx2.net/files/18429