..:: PCSX2 Forums ::..

Full Version: Problem /w Dark Cloud 2 (Dark Chronicle)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hi guys this is the first time i am using an emulator for ps2 and i really need some help.A friend came over and burned me dark cloud into an .iso file so i can access faster to the game but when i tried to play the game at the beggining was fine but when i entered the menu that i decide what clothes and stuff my player will wear the game goes slower.And at the first fighting scene is really slow.Below i have write some information about my pc...I hope you'll answer me as soon as possible with a solution.Thx

------------------
System Information
------------------
Time of this report: 4/13/2010, 21:23:19
Machine name: ΝΙΚΟΣ-PC
Operating System: Windows Vista™ Home Premium (6.0, Build 6000) (6000.vista_gdr.091208-0542)
Language: Greek (Regional Setting: Greek)
System Manufacturer: Hewlett-Packard
System Model: HP Pavilion dv9700 Notebook PC
BIOS: Ver 1.00PARTTBL
Processor: Intel® Core™2 Duo CPU T8100 @ 2.10GHz (2 CPUs), ~2.1GHz
Memory: 2046MB RAM
Page File: 1232MB used, 3073MB available
Windows Dir: C:\Windows
DirectX Version: DirectX 10
DX Setup Parameters: Not found
DxDiag Version: 6.00.6000.16386 32bit Unicode
You did not include which graphics card your laptop has.
Your processor is slow for PCSX2 but there are some things you can try:
Use 0.9.7 beta, set GSdx as graphics plugin and set it to DX10 Hardware (I'm guessing your graphics card supports DX10) and also check 'Native' there.
Where i download 0.9.7? atm i am using 0.9.6.

P.S I am using GeForce 8400M GS
Yeah the graphics card is very weak too so make sure you set GSdx as I told you. Get 0.9.7 beta here: http://pcsx2.net/downloads.php?p=publicbeta
Well the system info i sended was from my laptop,my other computer has Intel® Core™2 CPU 66600 @ 2.40GHz(2 CPUs)
2030 MB
DirectX 9.0c
NVDIA GeForce 8800 GTS.

I believe it is capable of playing DC 2 right?

btw i dl binary or full?
Is Dark Cloud 2 one of those games, that get slowdowns, With PCSX2 0.9.7 r3113 (and the new plugins), even if you have:
Intel Core i7 920 @ 4.0 GHz
Windows 7 (x64)
GSdx 10/11 (SSE 4.1)
nVIDIA GTX 480 Graphics Card

FYI: My current AMD system can't do Dark Cloud 2 at a solid 60fps, even with speedhacks, so I was curious if this game falls into the category of those few games that are programmed weird and make too many DX calls or something.
WackoWacko....It's just that i saw guys @ youtube with not that good pc running dc2 smoothly without any lag or sth,just a bit faster than usual
DX10 Hardware doesnt shows up in 0.9.7 btw
youtube videos can't be trusted.
most of the time they aren't played at the gameplay actual speed
k,btw JTD dx10 hardware doesnt shows up in 0.9.7
Install Service pack 2 for Windows Vista and after that, this too:
http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/detai...0ee147ce15&displaylang=en
Pages: 1 2