..:: PCSX2 Forums ::..

Full Version: Dark cloud low FPS during gameplay
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Frameskip only really helps when you're limited by the graphics card/gs plugin, if you are currently limited by the CPU all you'll get with frameskip is choppy gameplay and minimal to no speed increase.
aaaah, thats why it doesnt work for me, thanks for info. Happy
O.K i shall try it using frame skipping. If i did want to play this on a real ps2 then i would need a way of soft modding my console. I got the ISO off of my friend who lives in perth and i won't see him for another year at least.

Update: so i tried frame skipping and nothing happened so i boosted it up to 20 skip 20 draw and still nothing is changed. I've set it to constantly skipping and there is absolutely no change. Am i doing something wrong here?
hem
how did you just get your bios if your console isn't modded ?
I am assuming the file came from said friends console. It was included in the folder with the ISO.
activating frameskip doesnt work in the menu in 0.9.7, you have to activate it manually by pressing shift+f4 ingame.
(09-07-2010, 12:08 PM)Cyphox Wrote: [ -> ]activating frameskip doesnt work in the menu in 0.9.7, you have to activate it manually by pressing shift+f4 ingame.

cheers mate. Also would enabling turbo mode help at all?
no. turbo mode is... for turbo. for example if turbo is activated and set to 200% and your machine is up to the task the game will run twice as fast.
damn, and frameskipping just makes the game choppy and equally slow. thanks anyway
Pages: 1 2