..:: PCSX2 Forums ::..

Full Version: Lagging games
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Let me start off by saying that I've used PCSX2 a long time ago with a much worse computer and I managed to play through almost the entire Kingdom Hearts 2, it lagged at first few levels but as soon as it switched to Sora, I was at a constant 60 FPS.

Now I've upgraded my rig completely, only things that are still in there from before is the HDD, the disc reader and the floppy. I recently tried reinstalling PCSX2 and when I booted up Kingdom Hearts 2, it lagged as all hell. I figure I must've used a better configuration before since it was playable back then. I cannot find the correct configuration though. And yes, I have looked at the configuration guide.

My current specs are:
Motherboard - Gigabyte EP45 DS3L
Processor - Intel Pentium Dual-Core E5200, running at 3.5GHz
RAM - 2x2GB Corsair XMS2 @ 800 MHz
Graphics Card - Nvidia GeForce GTX 260 Sonic 216SP

Any help would be appreciated.
version of the emulator? plugins used? complete settings?
(09-03-2010, 01:20 PM)iakoboss7 Wrote: [ -> ]version of the emulator? plugins used? complete settings?

PCSX2 0.9.6

And I figure it's the plugins I need configure, no?
use letest beta version and august plugins pack (see downloads section on main page)
(09-03-2010, 01:27 PM)jesalvein Wrote: [ -> ]use letest beta version and august plugins pack (see downloads section on main page)

Worked perfectly, thank you.