..:: PCSX2 Forums ::..

Full Version: A few questions...
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I seem to be having trouble running FFX-2 on the emulator and ive come to realize that it might just be my hardware not being up to par. I feel like it should run it fine, and it just wont.

PC Specs:
8800GTS Nvidia
AMD Athlon 64 x2 Dual 2.81GHz
2G ram

When i load up FFX-2, the first screen runs fine (as expected). Then i reach the first video and i expect it to half my fps, everyone said it would. What i didnt expect was that once its over, im having fps spikes and drops. It happens constantly and im not sure how to fix it.

I would be grateful for a solution or just an answer. Thanks!

PS, first time poster and i did read a lot of the other FFX-2 threads out there. I also read the PC Specs for running pcsx2 and my specs SHOULD be fine, but they arent. Just making a post to make sure there is anything i can do...
Your specs are okay for running PCSX2. The thread also notes that "this doesn't mean full speed" though Wink
You can try to tweak a few more FPS out of it by using the speedhacks, but I doubt you'll get it fast enough.
The processor architecture is just too dated for full speed PCSX2.
Appreciated my man! At least i got some definitive answer to whether or not i can play it, even though it was some bad news. =( Thanks though!
What version of PCSX2 are you using? Also, did you try running GSdx at native resolution?
I get the same FPS drop issues during the intro.. first it starts off at 100 FPS then it slows to a slideshow at 22-30 FPS through the rest of it. In the New game/load screen that you see after you press start I get about 160-240 FPS depending whether I'm using speedhacks or turbo.

Don't expect to be flying through FFX-2... expect slight slowdowns during dressphere changes, battles and on the airship. One core of your CPU will be used for EE and the other for GS, so if anything you should get better performance than me since your processor is faster core-by-core, clock-by-clock.