..:: PCSX2 Forums ::..

Full Version: any way to speed up enough
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
is there any way to speed up pcsx2 so that i can play radiata stories at a reasonable speed. its in slow motion right now when i play

AMD Athlon 64 X2 dual core processor 5000+ 2.6ghz
2gb ram 32bit operating system

radeon x1650 series
ive got newest beta with all default settings

try using some speedhacks, native ps2 res, putting clamps to NONE. its easy Wink look for those options...
what speed hacks i dont really know how to do any of this
The one's that say [Recommended] are a good place to start. Try that, and if it's not enough, try adding to the EE Cyclerate or VU Cycle stealing little by little (try both at the same time if you're desperate). Pay attention to what happens after each little bit you change those two, at some point they can "break" some games (like make it worse than without hacks or show false FPS).
i tried messing around with those and it didnt really do much for me.
2.6ghz. That's the problem.

At the current state you'll need a dual-core 3ghz processor for pcsx2 to run at reasonable speeds.
(09-13-2010, 01:30 PM)wingnux Wrote: [ -> ]2.6ghz. That's the problem.

At the current state you'll need a dual-core 3ghz processor for pcsx2 to run at reasonable speeds.

sorry to hijack the thread but will the speed increase as the emulation gets better or do you really need a sick cpu? my desktop has a amd 64 x2 @ 3ghz & my laptop has a core 2 duo @ 2.6ghz over clockable to 3.2 or something via the bios.

It's usually vice versa, the better you emulate a system, the more power you need for more accurate emulation. That said, it doesn't mean that there won't be further speed improvements, but could be canceled out because of what I said earlier.
(09-13-2010, 05:49 PM)Bositman Wrote: [ -> ]It's usually vice versa, the better you emulate a system, the more power you need for more accurate emulation. That said, it doesn't mean that there won't be further speed improvements, but could be canceled out because of what I said earlier.

ah right, ok. Well it's getting a little faster with each release Smile more games seem to work and get ingame too. Quite impressed with the progress!