..:: PCSX2 Forums ::..

Full Version: PCSX2 Running Very Slowly on Good PC
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hello everyone,
I am having much trouble running this emulator on my computer, which I thought would have no trouble running at all.
The specs are:

Amd Phenom II X4 965 @ 3.8ghz
8gb DDR3 1600mhz RAM
ATI HD 5870
Crosshair III Motherboard
Windows 7 64 bit

I have spent hours on this program trying every settings possible but no matter what i do, all the games run very slowly. Other issues i am getting is vertical lines across the screen and strange shaking video issues.

Thank You,
arsenal553
I hope you're using PCSX2 0.9.7 r3113 and not 0.9.6 or below
PCSX2 settings? Plugin settings? Games tried? Screenshots?
Ok, i switched to 0.9.7 version and it seems to be running much smoother but the graphic glitches are much worse. Im still getting those vertical lines and everything looks like a textureless blob. The games i am trying to run are ratchet and clank and ace combat 4. The video plugin i am using is the SSE2 version of GSdx 0.1.16 and SPU2-X for sound.
Ive also tried Jack and daxter and it has the same issues
You have a relatively new CPU, it supports SSE3. So I guess that could improve your performance a bit. Also please post some screenshots, and tell us if you have any background applications running.
Yes, my cpu does support SSE3 but not SSSE3. Thats why im stuck using the SSE2 version. Screenshots will be posted soon.
(09-25-2010, 08:41 PM)mantasuk Wrote: [ -> ]You have a relatively new CPU, it supports SSE3.

PCSX2 supports only SSE2, SSS3 and SSE4.1 (not 4a!)
The newest AMD processor have neither of the 2 latter, so you have to stick with SSE2.

Also, like Shadow Lady said, more info
(09-25-2010, 08:59 PM)SamSoNight Wrote: [ -> ]
(09-25-2010, 08:41 PM)mantasuk Wrote: [ -> ]You have a relatively new CPU, it supports SSE3.

PCSX2 supports only SSE2, SSS3 and SSE4.1 (not 4a!)
The newest AMD processor have neither of the 2 latter, so you have to stick with SSE2.

Also, like Shadow Lady said, more info

Like i said, i am now using the 0.9.7 version of the emulator and it DOES runs much smoother. The main problem now is that all the games are missing textures on objects.

[Image: ac4.png]
Show us a screen shot of your graphics configuration. That's what's important.
Pages: 1 2