..:: PCSX2 Forums ::..

Full Version: PCSX2 and FFXED
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I've searched almost every thread on here and still I found nothing that could help me with my issue.

There's a very strong change that I'm doing something wrong because I am new to using PCSX2, however I have read over countless forum threads on here and other websites but still cannot find my solution

Im running windows 7( specs should have nothing to do with this issue) and I'm trying to get FFXED to work on PCSX2...

I loaded the game... Played through till the first Temple (name escapes me.. the one where you get Anima later on) and I saved... Now I followed several youtube walkthroughs.. opened up MYMC Imported the save from the MemoryCard1 slot, Opened up FFXED, changed what I wanted, imported it back, but it wouldn't let me export to the memorycard1 slot again...

I even tried just loading it into the memcard folder and loading it ingame through there... still nothing... Could someone give me a hand please. I would greatly appreciate it ( I know cheating ruins the game, I've beaten the game several times on the ps2 without cheats and I wanted to try it with them)

Im running the game straight from the CD I loaded on my computer, and I am unable to play the game anymore because I sold my playstation2 in order to buy a PS3 that doesn't support ps2 playback... why? because I'm an idiot...

Any sort of help would be greatly appreciated.. thanks Smile!
(10-03-2010, 04:01 AM)Tidus22101 Wrote: [ -> ]Now I followed several youtube walkthroughs.. opened up MYMC Imported the save from the MemoryCard1 slot, Opened up FFXED, changed what I wanted, imported it back, but it wouldn't let me export to the memorycard1 slot again...

You have to use mymc to remove the old save file that is in the slot that the edited save file goes into. So delete the old save file and then import the edited one.

Thanks a bunch!, I was just trying to overwrite it. I should have though about that before. Thanks again!
Be careful with what you change. You'll have the option to give your guys equipment with skins such as "Bust Blade", "Saw", and "Beer Bottle". My experience is that that will cause timing issues in battle sequences. And I've never been able to successfully edit the characters. Maybe I was doing it wrong but it always messed up their overdrives.

On a side note, is there another program that does the same for ffx-2?
(10-03-2010, 05:31 AM)Bearerofdeath Wrote: [ -> ]Be careful with what you change. You'll have the option to give your guys equipment with skins such as "Bust Blade", "Saw", and "Beer Bottle". My experience is that that will cause timing issues in battle sequences.

Those custom weapons can cause the game to crash if you use physical attacks with them, especially if that attack ends the battle. But there doesn't seem to be any problem if Tidus uses one of his overdrives with such a weapon.

(10-03-2010, 05:31 AM)Bearerofdeath Wrote: [ -> ]And I've never been able to successfully edit the characters. Maybe I was doing it wrong but it always messed up their overdrives.

You must have been doing it wrong. What happened to your overdrives?

(10-03-2010, 05:31 AM)Bearerofdeath Wrote: [ -> ]On a side note, is there another program that does the same for ffx-2?

A FFX-2 editor is also posted on these forums.
I did find the ffx-2 editor, but I lost interest in playing it. It's just not very good...

As for the overdrives, they got mixed up. When changing the character to edit, the changes made for the previous character stayed check and ultimately I wasn't able to do it successfully. And using the the weapon skins, I was actually able to attack physically with them, but not use magic.

EDIT: I just took a second look at the character editor and it seems that I was confused as far as the overdrive part went. I would select/clear for each character. I haven't tested it, but I'm assuming that say you have all overdrives checked it only effects the character it was meant for. I guess I didn't know that.
You do not understand the overdrive editing. The overdrive flags apply to ALL characters. Unlike the abilities or overdrive modes checkboxes, those checkboxes are not attached to any one character. That is why it says (all).
I see. I didn't really get that. However, to be fair I didn't read anything about the program before using it. That's usually the problem I have with these kind of things. I never read up on it before diving in. Haha...