..:: PCSX2 Forums ::..

Full Version: My proposal.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I have a suggestion for the emulator:
If a game runs at 60 FPS, the game runs at normal speed, but if at any time the game drops to 20 FPS, the game is 3 times slower than normal, and this should not be.
In other emulators when down to 20 FPS, the game runs with less FPS but the game still running at a normal pace, adapting to the amount of FPS that can process the computer at that time.
In my opinion, this would be a great improvement for the emulator. Imagine being able to play FFXII at 20 fps, but at normal speed.
Thanks for listening and I hope they have found interesting my proposal. Sorry for my english, I'm from Spain.
in fact, frameskip is already made for this
But the game may look choppy, then.
Frameskip doesn't work very well though, we know about that.
The problem is in the PS2 design.
We simply can't just skip most processing work like in the simpler systems.
The only thing you can try is running the game with maxed speedhacks.
(10-06-2010, 10:19 PM)aparisius Wrote: [ -> ]In other emulators when down to 20 FPS, the game runs with less FPS but the game still running at a normal pace, adapting to the amount of FPS that can process the computer at that time.

I think you're mistaking what those emulators are doing, which emulator are you talking about?

Currently you can change what full speed to other values manually (NTSC/PAL framerate in the GS settings) but it doesn't work for all games or that great.
I'm talking about NDS emulator called NO $ ZOOMER (NO $ GBA), it changes the fps AUTOMATICALLY without changing the speed of the game, because not all parts of the game running at the same fps.
The Nintendo DS is a much much simpler console to emulate than the PS2 so if you don't have any code ready to make this work with PCSX2, I guess you're stuck with what you get...