..:: PCSX2 Forums ::..

Full Version: Game running slow on PCSX2 0.9.7.3876 (gets to as low as 4% fps)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi I'm new to the PCSX2 realm and I recently installed PCSX2 0.9.7.3878. I'm have major problems running the emulator. I got a Viewtiful Joe Iso Image File and set it up so I can play it. The PS2 intro and the Viewtiful Joe starting Screen work at a normal speed 45-68% fps. However when it gets to the opening video or gameplay it a runs from 4-10% fps.
I can't figure it out. I am willing to allow remote access for further help.

My Specs:
Dell Inspiron 1545
Intel® Core™2 Duo CPU P7450 @2.13GHz
4.00GB RAM
64-bit operating system
Windows Vista

Plugins
GS: GSDx 3693 0.1.16
PAD: LilyPad 0.10.0
SPU2: SPU2-Xr3702m 1.4.0
CDVD: Linuz Iso CDVD 0.9.0
USB: USBnull Driver 0.7.0
FW: FWnull Driver 0.6.0
DEV9: DEV9null Driver 0.5.0
What graphics card you got? Because if it's an intel integrated card, you'll find it difficult to play any game really.
PCSX2 settings? plugin settings? What do the EE/GS % numbers in the title bar say when you get the slowdowns?
A family friend has this exact laptop and it has the Intel GMA X3100, so this is more than likely the culprit of the slowdown.
(10-16-2010, 11:55 AM)Shadow Lady Wrote: [ -> ]PCSX2 settings? plugin settings? What do the EE/GS % numbers in the title bar say when you get the slowdowns?

Well I changed nothing about my settings except for changing the CDVD to Linuz Iso. So the GS: Settings are:
Renderer: Direct3D9(Hardware)
Interlacing: None
D3D Internal Res: 1024x1024
Or use scaling: 1x

Texture Filtering
Logarithmic Z
Alpha Correction (FBA)

When it starts to slowdown
EE: 6-12%
GS 95-98%
You didn't say your graphics card so just guessing here, try ticking the "native" checkbox in GSdx and maybe the "allow 8-bit textures" option too. It's possible that game will just be faster with a (Software) renderer too in your case and you might need to use frameskip (shift+f4 while playing).
long story short.. ur clock speed is weak.. and ur vcard cant seem to hold the graphics needed in emulating pcsx2..
(10-17-2010, 01:50 AM)Shadow Lady Wrote: [ -> ]You didn't say your graphics card so just guessing here, try ticking the "native" checkbox in GSdx and maybe the "allow 8-bit textures" option too. It's possible that game will just be faster with a (Software) renderer too in your case and you might need to use frameskip (shift+f4 while playing).

Okay it ran about 60% better just by putting into native. Frameskip apparently has no effect. Any other tips without buying a new graphics card?
What do the EE/GS% numbers say now?
If it's the EE that reaches ~100% now you can try to enable some speedhacks, if it's still the GS then there's probably not much more you can do.