..:: PCSX2 Forums ::..

Full Version: KH2 on PCSX2 is ridiculously slow!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hi. I downloaded PSCX2 because I really want to play Kingdom Hearts 2 on my PC. I have it for PS2 also, but I just think it'd be so cool to play it here. I figured I would have the correct specs since I have 6GB of ram, a pretty decent graphics card (I guess) among other things. I'll post my specs below!

Operating System
MS Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit
CPU
AMD Athlon II X2 235 35 °C
Regor 45nm Technology
RAM
6.0GB Dual-Channel DDR2 @ 334MHz 5-5-5-15
Motherboard
eMachines MCP61PM-GM (CPU 1)
Graphics
CPD-2401 @ 1280x1024
256MB GeForce 6150SE nForce 430 (Acer Incorporated [ALI])
Hard Drives
732.57GB Seagate ST375052 8AS SCSI Disk Device (IDE)
Optical Drives
HL-DT-ST DVDRAM GH41N SCSI CdRom Device
Audio

I downloaded PCSX2 versions 0.9.7 and 0.9.6 and they're both super slow. I tried messing around with the speed settings but I'm not seeing any improvement. Is my computer just not fit for this emulator?

Thanks so much in advance!

Edit: By 'slow' I mean absolutely crawling. The sound is distorted and it's extremely laggy.
GeForce 6150SE is weak. Your processor isn't too bad, but definitely not what's holding you up. Make sure you use native resolution if you are gonna try.
and I'd recommend trying in software mode with 4 threads. software will probably be better for you.
(10-30-2010, 04:02 AM)Rezard Wrote: [ -> ]GeForce 6150SE is weak. Your processor isn't too bad, but definitely not what's holding you up. Make sure you use native resolution if you are gonna try.

Okay, I tried native resolution but it's still a no-go. The drag-y sort of lag is still there.

(10-30-2010, 04:09 AM)Saiki Wrote: [ -> ]and I'd recommend trying in software mode with 4 threads. software will probably be better for you.

Direct3D10 software, Direct3D9 software or Null software? I gave the first two a shot and still nothing...

I mean, the game starts up and everything but the sound is very "dragged" and lagging, and it's somewhat choppy and freezes. I can hear the computer itself struggling with the program because something is making it super heavy. x.x;
ok, do this: in the GSdx dialog change the resolution to 384x384. tell me if it still crawls (yes, uncheck native)
(10-30-2010, 04:27 AM)Saiki Wrote: [ -> ]ok, do this: in the GSdx dialog change the resolution to 384x384. tell me if it still crawls (yes, uncheck native)

It does, HOWEVER, I did notice something. After I changed it to 384x384 and I clicked "OK", I re-opened that same dialog box and it said 1024x1024 again. Could this be a problem, or is this normal of the program?

EDIT: I figured out why none of my settings would change. Hold on, I'm going to try what you guys recommended now.
(10-30-2010, 04:32 AM)faburizu Wrote: [ -> ]
(10-30-2010, 04:27 AM)Saiki Wrote: [ -> ]ok, do this: in the GSdx dialog change the resolution to 384x384. tell me if it still crawls (yes, uncheck native)

It does, HOWEVER, I did notice something. After I changed it to 384x384 and I clicked "OK", I re-opened that same dialog box and it said 1024x1024 again. Could this be a problem, or is this normal of the program?

EDIT: I figured out why none of my settings would change. Hold on, I'm going to try what you guys recommended now.

1. When I changed the resolution to 384x384 and started the game, PCSX2 froze and had to be manually closed and restarted.

2. I changed it to native resolution and wow - it worked! It's running so much more smoothly now! The problem was that I had forgotten to remove the program itself from my Programs folder. It's now in my Documents and after changing it to Native resolution, it's perfect! Thanks so much. I won't be sleeping tonight! Too much gaming that needs to get done. <3

odd.. it shouldn't have crashed *shrugs* I used to use that myself. but at least it's cooperating with you now
It would crash in 0.9.6 but should work fine in 0.9.7, also software renderer with 2-3 "SW. threads" should probably work better... but anyways enjoy Tongue2
it worked fine in 0.9.6, that's what surprises me
Pages: 1 2