..:: PCSX2 Forums ::..

Full Version: Jak & Dexter 1 / Ratchet and Clank 1
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi. I`d like to ask if anybody figured out if it is possible somehow to eliminate the graphic glitches in these 2 games.

They are similar. for me both have broken textures, no eyes(also corrupt textures) and stuff like that
A software renderer in GSdx (or just F9 while playing) fixes it as far as I know.
The software renderer doesn't seem to help these games much. It fixes the black eyes in Jak and Daxter, but there are still texture issues, and the shadows are still messed up (though Shadow of the Colossus had a similar shadow glitch and they fixed that, so maybe that knowledge can help Jak). The game also has a screen shaking issue (interlacing does no good here), and software actually makes it seem like the shaking is worse. And it does absolutely nothing for Ratchet and Clank, the game looks just as bad as it does using hardware. Software is not a viable option for either of these games. It doesn't improve much, and the speed loss is incredible unless you have a really beefy CPU.

There doesn't seem to be a fix for either game, and i dunno if they'll ever be fixed. That's the only answer i can give. Wait for more pcsx2 fixes and come back later.
Of course! Is there another top platformer for PS2 which works completely?

Software rendering is useless slow. That is not an option. We have to wait for the future versions of pcsx2.
I've noticed huge speed boosts in software mode if you enable SuperVU, software mode is fine, you just need frameskipping.

(11-01-2010, 10:33 AM)Chase_Payne Wrote: [ -> ]I've noticed huge speed boosts in software mode if you enable SuperVU, software mode is fine, you just need frameskipping.

I`l try but software mode is so slow I doubt that it will be fine.
BTW frameskip: IS there a way to "Fast Forward" like in PCSCX1?
There you just pressed i tihnk SPACE by default for fast forwarding boring moments like random encounters etc.
I know here is F4 but that is not the same cause games barely raech full speed.ACtually most of them dont.
Fastforward is TAB, if your pc can handle it.
(11-01-2010, 11:18 AM)Chase_Payne Wrote: [ -> ]Fastforward is TAB, if your pc can handle it.

Thx, didnt know that one. BTW is there any other PS2 good platfromer whoch works without glitches?
If you have the PC horsepower to handle them, Sly Cooper and Rayman 2 Revolution work really well, i've not noticed any really major glitches. Rayman 2's hub world though is pretty CPU intensive. I get a fair bit of slowdown there (i am running a laptop of course, but i get good speeds with a handful of other intensive games). There are a few games with some minor graphical glitches you could try- Legend of Kay and Ape Escape 2 (i think 3 has some glitches, not tried in newer versions than the old 1888 beta). Crash Bandicoot Wrath of Cortex works fairly well (has a bit of a fog issue which i believe you can fix via gdsx hacks). I believe the PSP-to-PS2 ports of Ratchet and Clank Size Matters and Secret Agent Clank work pretty well (although i am not a big fan of them). You can try Jak and Daxter The Lost Frontier though, i've not seen any major glitches in that one.

Can't really think of many PS2 platformers that work without any glitches in pcsx2. There are a lot of glitches in those types games in general. I don't know whether these particular games are just really hard to fix, or if the developers just aren't putting their focal point on fixing them, but whatever. RPG's in general seem to work really well though. A lot of effort was spent to get them working good.

BTW, from my experience, SuperVU is very glitchy. It's faster yes, but it causes even more glitches than there already are. As for software mode, i really never saw any reason to use it. The glitches it fixes have been minor in general, and it failed to fix a lot of the other glitches. For the Jak games, Ratchet series, and Ape Escape at least, it does almost nothing to alleviate the corrupt textures and shadows. It just makes emulation far slower and the graphics much worse. I'm sure there are some games that require software mode to look normal, but i've yet to play any.