..:: PCSX2 Forums ::..

Full Version: sse 3 and 4 dosnt work
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
hi so I have a problem with the graphics plugins, and although I can not select sse 3 or 4. always says that my cpu does not support this, but I know he makes at least third sse have an AMD Athlon 555 GHz with 3.2 overclockt 3.6 ghz is a dual core. know what a lie that can? sorry for the english google translated
GSdx uses SSSE3 and SSE4.1, neither of those are available in AMD processors. Also it's SSSE3, not SSE3:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/SSSE3#CPUs_with_SSSE3

Not a bug report, moved.
ok so I understand this correctly that the emulator does not support AMD cpus? therefore only second sse why? and SSE 4 is indeed supported by the CPU and emulator that is yes, but not compiled with google translated any errors I apologize oh and sorry for the false thread
The emulator works fine on AMD CPUs. SSE2 is just a bit slower than SSSE3 and SSE4.1 but it will work the same as the slower SSE2 version.
Let's make this a bit more clear. Your processor supports the following instruction sets:

Code:
# MMX
# 3DNow!
# SSE
# SSE2
# SSE3
# SSE4a

Notice that pcsx2 supports SSSE3 and SSE4.1. Notice how the SSE4 doesn't have an a at the end.

As Bositman already said above, there's not much difference between the SSE2 and SSSE3 / SSE4.1 instruction sets, so just use SSE2 until you upgrade your computer.
(11-06-2010, 12:57 AM)Master_DX Wrote: [ -> ]Notice that pcsx2 supports SSSE3 and SSE4. Notice how the SSE4 doesn't have an a at the end.

Technically, I do believe it's SSE4.1 and AMD definitely doesn't have that. Tongue Just curious, how many times does this question get asked in a week?
Oops, forgot to add the one, thanks ilovejedd for noticing it. Edited the post with the correct name.

This question along with the "Can my PC run x game" is really getting tiresome. This wouldn't happen if people would just do a search or would just check the Benchmark thread to compare results and get an average of what to expect in a game.
(11-06-2010, 02:04 AM)ilovejedd Wrote: [ -> ]Just curious, how many times does this question get asked in a week?

Once each 2-3 weeks lately, it's not that bad anymore ;P