..:: PCSX2 Forums ::..

Full Version: Assertion Failed!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hello!

Having a problem i can't find an answer to.
While playing Dark Cloud 2 i come to a small cutscene where i get an Assertion failure.

First i get loads of lines reading something like this:
(EE pc:0028E02C) TLB Miss, addr=0xfffff8c [load]

And then i get a message
In full it says:

Assertion failed: FQC = 0 on VIF FIFO READ!

..\..\FiFo.cpp(46) : assertion failed:
Function: ReadFIFO_VIF1
Thread: EE Core
Condition: vif1Regs.stat.FQC != 0

Stacktrace:
[00] 0125EAE6
[01] 0125EB0D
[02] 010705F5
[03] 010543B9
[04] 01053BCE
[05] 00FCE5D1
[06] 00FD48BF
[07] 00FC4806
[08] ptw32_mutex_check_need_init
[09] endthreadex
[10] endthreadex
[11] BaseThreadInitThunk
[12] RtlInitializeExceptionChain
[13] RtlInitializeExceptionChain

And then i get to choose if i want to stop the program or suppress further assertions.

Currently im using PCSX2 0.9.7.3876m

My computer:
Intel Core i7
6GB Ram
ATI Radeon HD 5800 Series
Windows 7 64bit

If you need any more info ill be happy to supply it just ask!
Oh and help please!

Pcsx2 Settings?

Are you playing from an ISO or from a disc?
If Iso it could be a bad img or could be a bad disc.
I know there is no problem from dark cloud 2 because I've completed it using weaker specs so it seems more likely it is either the above or an incorrect Pcsx2 setting.
Im using an iso yes.
Added is attachment with the picture of some of the setup.

Just puzzles me that i can play untill the third level in the sewer! :<

Well when I played through it I was using(Differing from yours):

*SuperVU recompiler [Legacy]
*Clamping mode set to "none" for EE and VU
*I was using Gsdx9

I can't see your speedhacks but since you have an i7 and your running at native(which I was surprised at) I assume the speedhacks are turned off.
Was gonna try setting it up as you did but i cant seem to find Gsdx9 :s
Can u point it out for me?

have been reading through alot of the posts where ppl ask for help and it seems like alot of problems was solved by setting it to native, so i tried that too. And no im not using any speedhacks, the game runs very good without them. (the reason i didnt add a pic of it ^^)
what he mean is use direct3d 9 on the gsdx plugin setting..
try the superVU setting first..
i think it's ISO related..
try create a new ISO..
Doh! ><

Allright tried it now but still the same error.

Will try a new iso now.
May I bump this? I'm having this problem with this game having just downloaded 0.9.8 a few days ago and ripping an ISO off the disc today. At the start of the third floor of the first dungeon, it plays a story sequence; after that sequence (even if you skip it), it throws an assertion error and the game crashes right after either way. I'm not sure how to fix it; I've tried a couple of ISOs and ripped the image a few times from the disc. Trace below:

..\..\FiFo.cpp(46) : assertion failed:
Function: ReadFIFO_VIF1
Thread: EE Core
Condition: vif1Regs.stat.FQC != 0

Stacktrace:
[00] 0x01629BDE
[01] 0x01629C06
[02] 0x01428E95
[03] 0x013CB1EE
[04] 0x013CB19E
[05] 0x01405B31
[06] 0x013F683F
[07] 0x01407126
[08] ptw32_mutex_check_need_init
[09] endthreadex
[10] endthreadex
[11] BaseThreadInitThunk
[12] RtlInitializeExceptionChain
[13] RtlInitializeExceptionChain

EDIT: It's not graphics-related - I tried again with GSnull and Safest settings on the slider and still got the error. I'll try again without sound, but I don't think that's gonna do it. I don't have another disc either... hmm.

EDIT 2: Yeah, not sure. The CPU starts wigging out after that assertion if you ignore it, then DEV9 breaks and the CPU continues breaking until PCSX2 dies. Could use some advice on where to go from here...

EDIT 3: Never mind... Trying one more time not pressing buttons, setting the safety slider to 6, made it work. Guess skipping the cutscene is what breaks it? In any case, I guess I don't need help with this one anymore. Sorry!
I also have the same errors but was not sucessful with a fix that MaxSalsa posted. I got around it by starting the game in 0.9.6 passing the cutscene and dungeon. Then moved the save over to the 0.9.8 mem card and has worked flawless so far, currently near the end of balance valley.
I've had this same problem. Apparently it even happens when running the game on a PS2.

http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/3751/t32...s-loading/

Sewer levels, 3rd stage after the flashback cutscene during the white loading screen. I tried what the guy in this topic recommended--played through the second stage, immediately went to the 3rd stage without going back to camp and somehow it worked. If that doesn't work then I have no idea...
Pages: 1 2