..:: PCSX2 Forums ::..

Full Version: A curiousity~
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Greetings everyone. I was poking through the list of supported games, and I was noticed that Super Robot Walrs Alpha 3 and MX work just fine, so I tried it out, and its true; they work great but it made me wonder.

I wondered if Super Robot Wars Impact would work, because I didnt even see it on the list telling me otherwise, so I figured maybe it hadn't been tried yet. Well; I tried it and it loads as 'Dead or Alive Hardcore', plays as Impact though, and dies out on me right before loading the first stages map. I've been trying to find a method of playing impact for so long now...it just refuses to work for me no matter what I do ;p

Anyways, the point of this post was to see if I was the only one out there who had tried Super Robot Wars Impact, and if not; maybe you guys have a tip or something that I may be missing, or am I just SOL for the time being?

Thanks in advance-

Tom-
http://forums.pcsx2.net/Thread-Post-your...s#pid99641
I don't know the game you are talking about but try looking at this post (post #286).
(11-16-2010, 10:15 PM)Itsugawa Wrote: [ -> ]http://forums.pcsx2.net/Thread-Post-your...s#pid99641
I don't know the game you are talking about but try looking at this post (post #286).

Aye, I saw this... its definitely the series of games I'm talking about... They play great except for this one...

Super Robot Teisen Impact, SLPS - 25104 is the one I'm trying to get to work but with no success... ><;

Wacko
It is the japanese version, isn't it?
Yes. I even attempted to switch the bios version of the emu to a japanese one I had gotten from my friends ps2, and that didnt work either...
I need to know your pc specs, pcsx2 version, pcsx2 plugins, settings to help you.
(11-17-2010, 08:35 AM)Itsugawa Wrote: [ -> ]I need to know your pc specs, pcsx2 version, pcsx2 plugins, settings to help you.

Hewlett Packard HPE-112Y
AMD Phenom II X4 925 quad core processor 2.80 GHz

8.00 GB RAM
ATI Radeon HD 4300/4500 series (512 MB Video ram)

Windows 7 64-bit OS
---------------------
PCSX2 version: 0.9.7.3876m (svn) Oct 5th 2010.

Plugins are:

GS: GSdx 3693 (MSVC 15.00 SSE2) 0.1.16 [gsdx-sse2-r3878]
PAD: LilyPad svn (r3878) 0.10.0 [lilypad-r3878]
SPU2: SPU2-X r3702m 1.4.0 [spu2-x-r3878]
CDVD: cdvdGigaherz (r3429) 0.8.0 [cdvdGigaherz]
USB: USBnull Driver 0.7.0 [USBnull]
FW: FWnull Driver 0.6.0 [FWnull]
DEV9: DEV9null Driver 0.5.0 [DEV9nul]

Settings:

EE/IOP

-Emotion Engine set to 'Recompiler'

-IOP set to 'Recompiler'

EE/FPU Advanced Recompile Options

Round Mode: Set to Chop/Zero

Clamping Mode: Set to Normal.

Both: Flush to Zero & Denormals are Zero boxes are checked.

VU's

VU0 set to: microVU Recompiler
VU1 set to: microVU Recompiler

VU0/VU1 Advanced recompiler options

Round Mode: Chop/Zero

Clamping Mode: Normal

Flush to Zero & Denormals are Zero are both checked.

GS
Frame Limiter
Disable Framelimiting is unchecked.

Base Framerate Adjust is 100%
Slow Motion Adjust is 50%
Turbo Adjust is 200%
NTSC Framerate is 59.94 FPS
PAL Framerate is 50.0 FPS.

Frame Skipping is disabled (By default)

GS Window
Aspect Ratio: Standard 4:3
Custom Window Size: 839x596
Disable Window Resize Border: Unchecked
Always Hide Mouse Cursor: Unchecked
Hide Window on Suspend: Checked

Default to Fullscreen mode: Unchecked
Use exclusive fullscreen mode: Unchecked
Wait for vsync on refresh: Unchecked

Speedhacks
Enable Speedhacks: Unchecked

Game Fixes
All unchecked except for EE Timing Hack - Multi Purpose hack. Try if all else fails.

Its checked because...all else failed, and I tried it. Still didn't help me Wink

---------------------------

Thats all my information. I hope with it, you can perform some kind of witchery and get this blasted game working for me... I'd do anything at this point to get the chance to play Impact...

Thank you for your patience and help so far. I appreciate it.

Tom~
I think I found a solution (took me long time Tongue)
Try using ZeroGS 0.97.1 [zerogs-r3878] (I know it's full of glitches, but try check/uncheck options randomly xD) instead of GSdx and ZeroSPU2 r3567.Dev 0.4.6 [zerospu2-r3878] instead of SPU2-X.
I hope it works Smile
(11-17-2010, 05:44 PM)Itsugawa Wrote: [ -> ]I think I found a solution (took me long time Tongue)
Try using ZeroGS 0.97.1 [zerogs-r3878] (I know it's full of glitches, but try check/uncheck options randomly xD) instead of GSdx and ZeroSPU2 r3567.Dev 0.4.6 [zerospu2-r3878] instead of SPU2-X.
I hope it works Smile

I don't believe it... it FINALLY loaded everything fine (except a few minor graphical issues) and NOW it just freezes like it always has when I tried to play it using a ps2 with the hard drive / memory card hack...It just sits there, the music still plays, but the game itself is frozen. I just can't win! xD

I'm going insane with this blasted game...it only ever seems to work when playing on a chipped ps2 like the one my friend has... I have no other feasible idea of how to make this run...

-----------

A little update: I switched back to my original plugins for the heck of it, after I had gotten to a point where I could do a quick save. I then loaded the quick save with my original plugins going, and I'm able to play relatively alright except for the fact that there are a few hangs... Not graphical though. Its strange, the game is still running, the music is going fine, the graphics arent even frozen but... whenever a battle begins, one side; or the other launches their attack, and they just sit there with the damage numbers floating beside them and thats it. It's as if it doesn't know what to do next, and so is just kind of hanging out there.

I'm thinking this game is just one of those that isnt compatible yet... I'm hoping that in the future this will change, because otherwise I'll never be able to play the darned thing every again...
(11-17-2010, 10:12 PM)ARDarkmoon Wrote: [ -> ]I'm thinking this game is just one of those that isnt compatible yet... I'm hoping that in the future this will change, because otherwise I'll never be able to play the darned thing every again...

Yeah.. if you open "show console" in Misc option you'll see the game status is in-game.. sorry Sad I did all I could but the only way is to hope it will be playable in the next version of pcsx2
Pages: 1 2