..:: PCSX2 Forums ::..

Full Version: PCSX2 crashes after masive slowdown in every game
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi guys,

out of nowhere one day, pcsx2 started to run slow in every game I try. Every game starts fine, untill the start menu, but after some gameplay or video, the fps go to 30-35 (and EE like 90-100%).
Already tried EE Cylerate speedhack, nothing changed.
I was playing Kingdom Hearts with no problems before all this.

My specs:

E2180 @ 2.8 Ghz
2 Gb DDR2 RAM
HD 4670 OCed

Note: Fatal Frame 2 goes fine untill start menu, but when I start a new game, PSCX2 shuts off by itself on the loading screen.
Oh BTW, my CPU temps are somewhat high, and also noticed a performance decrease in PC games too, if that helps.
what your saying makes me think that your cpu got damaged by overheating, if you noticed speed decrease in pc games as well than its not and issue with pcsx2. I dont know what else to tell you, I mean high temps all around performance drop= overheated(damaged cpu)
I'm thinking maybe I could have damaged the temp sensor in the cpu last time I opened my case to clean the dust off.
Coz sometimes my temps are sub-zero! Or sometimes 79274924 ÂșC, it's really confusing me.
When I was cleaning the dust, I took off the heatsink over the cpu and brushed gently over the top of the cpu.

I had a problem like that.And I found out that propeller on my PSU did not spin.So PSU was overheating.And that's why my PC crashed.And PCSX2 of course. Just check everything.Also cooling on CPU.
Did not the temps sensor inside the cpu ! If the value is wrong the cpu will throttle the clock...