..:: PCSX2 Forums ::..

Full Version: Metal Gear Solid 3: Snake Eater Stuck at Main Menu
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I'm able to press start, but it won't let me start new game. I tried all the buttons but nothing happened. I button mashed for awhile and usually it sends me back to title screen. Only once did it select New Game and at I LIKE METAL GEAR 1 etc. part I tried button mashing more but got sent back and gave up.
Metal gear games use the "circle" button as continue/next, just see if it's configured correctly and working and use that one.
I've tried circle, but it still doesn't work. Button mashing seems to be the only way to advance. Either that, or it's VERY delayed.
Does the background video work at normal speed? What PCSX2 version? What settings? What plugins?
The background video runs fine.
Using v0.9.7

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
GSXd10 (Hardware) 0.1.16 SSE41
Interlacing: None
Texture filtering: Check

SPU2-X 1.4.0
Interpolation: 4 Catmull-Rom
Reverb Boost: 1x
Module: 2 DirectSound
Synch Mode: TimeStretch
Audio Expansion: Stereo

SSSPSX PAD 1.7.1 (Using Xbox USB controller. Controller works fine, I tried switching O with a keyboard button but that didn't work.)

EE/IOP: Recompiler
Round: Chop/Zero
Clamping: Normal
Flush to Zero: Check
Denormals are Zero: Check

VU0/VU1: microVU Recompiler
Round mode: Chop/Zero
Clamp: Normal
Flush to Zero: Check
Denormals are Zero: Check

Frameskip: Disabled

Speedhack EE Cycle: 2
VU Cycle: 0
INTC Spin: Enabled
Wait Loop Detection: Enabled
mVU Flag Hack: Enabled

No Game Fixes

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Tell me if I missed anything.
UPDATE~

I'm not sure why, but holding down L1 and hitting O or X works. :3 not sure why.

I went around the main menu and 100% positive that I have to hold L1 for O and X to work.
Try with lilypad plugin, maybe with Xpad over at the GSdx thread too:
http://forums.pcsx2.net/Thread-GSdx
Xpad works perfect! Now I just find a good set up so it doesn't lag when I stream and I'm good to go!

Danke!