..:: PCSX2 Forums ::..

Full Version: Want to buy a new CPU for pcsx2
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
he should try to overclock, using software overclocking program like clockgen, that way he wont need to buy mobo
dumping more money into old tech is unwise.

sell the old pc for highest value you can find, save and top-up a bit more, then buy the low-end Sandy Bridge (with better turbo and micro-architecture), which outperforms the best of lga775.

the new platform will last for few more years on pcsx2/dolphin-emu, while lga775 will not survive on the same timeline.
(12-09-2010, 12:26 PM)pokipoki08 Wrote: [ -> ]sell the old pc for highest value you can find, save and top-up a bit more, then buy the low-end Sandy Bridge (with better turbo and micro-architecture), which outperforms the best of lga775.

Low-end (Pentium/Celeron) Sandy Bridge probably wouldn't have Turbo. The Core i3 already doesn't an we have yet to know the state of overclocking with locked Sandy Bridge parts. We already know FSB overclocking is out. We still don't know if Intel will allow some multiplier leeway for locked parts. On the mid-range (~$200), the i5-2500K is the natural choice. For the low-end, it's still a big question mark.
I am thinking to get the 2500K too it would seems to be the best choice for both PS2 and PC gaming combined. My current Pentium D 2.66GHz OC to 3.33GHz seems to be a rather poor choice of replacing my RIPed PS2. Glare

but instead of breaking the bank $300 for a cpu, why not just keep ur current PC for other gaming, & acquire the real PS2 instead?( it is lower than $200, u can save some bucks here) .Your Q8200 is still rather decent cpu for modern PC gaming as long as it has a good graphic card.
Pages: 1 2 3