..:: PCSX2 Forums ::..

Full Version: TEKKEN 5 weird overlay
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi all i am happy wiv my emulator everything that i want to play works at 50-60fps.

my only problem is in tekken 5 there is a weird overlay almost like looking through glass and shows like double of whats on screen on certain stages.

does anyone know a fix to this please.

also i recently upgraded to a gainward goldensample 4870 512mb (amazing card) and was on 9800gtx which seemed to work better for me.

any help is much appreciated

my settings are:

ee/iop: chop/zero and normal
vus: chop/zero and normal
also both have flush to zero and denormals are zero.

ntsc framerate: 60fps
pal framerate 50fps.

speedhacks:
INTC spin detection
mvu flag hack
wait loop detection
everything else is off.

gpu settings=gsdx10

1200x1500 res (stops black vertical lines stayin to a max of 1200)
texture filtering and 8 bit textures.
blend tff (slight blur, 1/2 fps)

spu2-x:
hermite (slower/better highs)
8x reverb
surround 7.1
directsound (nice)
async mix (breaks some games)
124ms latency.

PC SPEC:
amd phenom 2 x4 955 be 4.0ghz (air cooled 31-53c)
4gb ddr3 geil black dragon 1600mhz
gainward radeon 4870 gs
msi 790fx-gd70 motherboard

Try playing in native resolution or with the software renderer, you could also try going into the game's options and changing the graphic output/filter options, I know the PAL version of the game fixes that with soft filter or whatever but no idea which verison you're using.
Not quite sure if this will help, but there is a graphic plugin hack (it tells in the guide how to unlock these hacks) called Offset hack I believe. You can try turning that on; I believe it is suppose to help with the "ghosting appearance" in some games. Hope someone corrects me if I'm wrong. Smile