..:: PCSX2 Forums ::..

Full Version: Performance of newer and older versions?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Ok i'm new here and this one has been bugging me for quite some time. I'v noticed i get much worse performance out of the newest beta. than i do from the old r1888 beta. Games i own like the Jak and daxter series run extremely better on the old r1888 beta than the new 0.9.7. along with other games like sonic riders 1&2 or okami. I'm not talking like a few frames im talking the 0.9.7 beta runs at 20 fps and the r1888 beta runs at 50-60 with most of my games. yes i have checked all speed hacks and frame limiting along with turbo mode etc... even with speedhacks on 0.9.7 with jak 2 or 3 i only get 14-23 fps max software OR hardware graphics.

My specs check out perfectly ok
Intel core i7 3.2 GHz (Processor)
6GB crucial triple channel ddr3 (RAM)
EVGA GTX 580 Superclocked (GPU)
Hitachi Deskstar 7200 RPM 1TB (HDD)

I was wondering if anyone else noticed this or has had the same i guess you could say "issue". Any input would be nice here but i'm just kind of curious as to why the big difference between the old and the new.
You simply own (and run) those few games that got a big speed hit from modifications we needed to do
to fix tons of issues and inaccuracies. These are mainly games that tightly interlock VU0 micro code and
that do lots of complicated VIF dma transfer logic.

In older PCSX2 versions we had a lot of hacks in place that screwed games into working, mostly with glitches though.

My advice to players with speed issues would be to try different PCSX2 builds and see which work best for them.
Don't go below r1888 though as it gets slower from there on (and more broken Tongue2).
Also try to keep the latest plugins.