..:: PCSX2 Forums ::..

Full Version: Hey. I got slow fps. Please help me here. xD
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
It's my first time using pcsx2. Here are my pc specs and some settings. could anyone help me on what to change?

[attachment=27211][attachment=27212][attachment=27213][attachment=27214][attachment=27218][attachment=27217][attachment=27216][attachment=27215]
That's a REALLY OLD video card, circa early 2000s. What's your CPU?
Here's my cpu.[attachment=27219]
You won't get any kind of acceptable speeds with that hardware for most games. And what the hell is Windows 8 xTreme lol? Probably some l33t speed hack, bet it's some pimped XP with that fake DX11 Tongue
Windows 8 eXtreem OS? Really?

Otherwise your trying to run a hardware intensive emulator on a hardware lacking laptop, low FPS is to be expected. It would also help to know the game you are trying to play as well, not all games have equal performance requirements.
Oh.. I'm playing DW4 as of now. xD I wasn't the one who rigged the OS and such, I was also surprised by that OS. Some weird technician put it in here and it displays windows 7 ultimate in the user login. Tongue Sigh. What performance upgrades could I do? Video Card only?
Yeah Dynasty Warriors series are very CPU intensive so I'm afraid a whole new PC would be necessary to enjoy them (new processor meaning new motherboard meaning new ram etc etc)
Oops, I shouldn't have abbreviated it. My fault. It's Digimon World 4. :|
Could you give me exact pc specs that would run an average game on a pcsx2 emulator? So that I could buy one asap. xD Or at least I could have an idea on what I lack. It's weird 'cause I could play Street Fighter IV, online games, Starcraft 2 on its lowest settings, and Heroes of Newerth on this laptop. Maybe I could tinker a little bit with the settings so I could at least play some games here?
Nah PC games are totally different to PS2 emulation, comparing them has no meaning. A Core 2 Duo or Core i 3/5/7 clocked at about 3 Ghz paired with a 250GTS should give acceptable speeds for most games
Thanks a lot! Tongue