..:: PCSX2 Forums ::..

Full Version: Game not responding to controls
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hey there. I downloaded PCSX2 this morning for my macbook and after a few hours of tinkering I think I've got it pretty much working. I'm trying to play Final Fantasy X for now, but I'm having some problems. The game loads and I can watch the opening cutscene fine. I get to the main menu, and no arrow shows up to select to start a new game. In addition, the sound starts freaking out. It's like the noise it makes when you move the cursor, except very fast.

This is the text the terminal gives me:
Quote:ZZogl: Got Doublebuffered Visual!
ZZogl: glX-Version 1.2
Xlib: extension "XFree86-VidModeExtension" missing on display "/tmp/launch-Mwx9pi/org.macosforge.xquartz:0".
ZZogl: Depth 24
ZZogl: you have Direct Rendering!
ZZogl: Using multitexturing
ZZogl: Maximun texture size is 8192 for Tex_2d and 8192 for Tex_NV
ZZogl: Disabling MRT depth writing
ZZogl: Creating effects
ZZogl: Creating extra effects
ZZogl: Shader file version is outdated! Only is log-Z possibleZZogl: Shader file version is outdated! Only is log-Z possibleZZogl: Shader file version is outdated! Only is log-Z possibleZZogl: Shader file version is outdated! Only is log-Z possibleZZogl: Shader file version is outdated! Only is log-Z possibleZZogl: Shader file version is outdated! Only is log-Z possibleZeroSPU2: Initialized portaudio...
ZZogl: Shader file version is outdated! Only is log-Z possibleZZogl: Shader file version is outdated! Only is log-Z possibleZZogl: Shader file version is outdated! Only is log-Z possibleZZogl: Shader file version is outdated! Only is log-Z possibleZZogl: Shader file version is outdated! Only is log-Z possibleZeroSPU2: Created sound stream successfully...
ZZogl: Shader file version is outdated! Only is log-Z possibleZZogl: Shader file version is outdated! Only is log-Z possibleZZogl: Shader file version is outdated! Only is log-Z possibleZZogl: Shader file version is outdated! Only is log-Z possibleZZogl: Shader file version is outdated! Only is log-Z possibleZZogl: Shader file version is outdated! Only is log-Z possibleZZogl: using full shaders
ZZogl: initialization successful
ZeroSPU2: Started sound stream successfully...
ZeroSPU2: recording
^[[1;2B^[[1;2BZeroSPU2: recording
ZZogl: Failed to create bitmask texture; ZZogl: bitmask cache; 0 ZZogl: Invalid enumerator
ZZogl: Failed to create bitmask texture; ZZogl: bitmask cache; 0 ZZogl: Invalid enumerator

I don't think it's just this game, as when I try and just run the BIOS it does not respond either. Strangely enough, it DOES let me skip the cutscene in FFX by using the space bar. I'd prefer not to have to play with a gamepad, as the main draw of the program is playing on the go.

Also, my specs are as follows:
2010 Macbook Pro
Snow Leopard 10.6.6
NVidia Geforce 320M
4 GB RAM
Processor Speed 2.4 GHz

ZZ OGL .19.195
ZeroSPU2 Playground .4.6
ZeroPAD .3.0

I'm not terribly good with computers, and even worse with emulation, so I would greatly appreciate it if responses were kept relatively simple. Thanks in advance.
Turn off some of the speed hacks, the menu is just too fast with them
I turned them all off and it doesn't seem to make a difference. Is there some possible combination that might work? I do think you're right, though. It says it's moving at 150 frames per second, which I imagine is way too fast. Anything else I could do?

EDIT: I tried limiting the FPS in the CPU panel and that did seem to slow the music down. But, still no arrow. The music also still seemed a little off. Could it be a game specific issue?

EDIT2: I managed to get past the menu by reconfiguring all of my controls, and slowing down the FPS on the CPU panel. I get to the first FMV of Zanarkand being destroyed and the screen goes white. I understand this is a common issue, but I haven't seen a fix anywhere. Is there one?
I'm trying to fix it at the moment, which is delaying the snow leopard release but no luck so far
Glad to hear it's being worked on! Thanks so much for your help and your time developing this. It really is amazing.

Sorry for all the questions, but I actually managed to get past the Sin scene by loading a save from after. For some reason though, none of the menus are showing up. In battles, for example, it doesn't show character HP, damage taken, available actions, etc. Anything I can do to fix this?

Thanks!
I'm still thinking it might be related to speed hacks. I've checked and if I disable those, I get the arrow in the main menu
That hasn't made much of a difference for me. The game still responds to the commands I put in, but the arrow isn't shown, nor are the menus. I've got all of the speedhacks disabled. Is this a common issue?

Just in case I'm not being clear I've attached some screenshots.

Again, thanks for your help!
Hm, actually, just checked again, on Snow Leopard the arrow seems to be missing even without the speed hacks. I'll investigate
Cool, thanks. Let me know what you find out. I assume the arrow missing from the main menu is probably caused by the same thing as the messed up battle screen?
Yes, they are probably related
Pages: 1 2