..:: PCSX2 Forums ::..

Full Version: Dog's life
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
hello so, i tried playing dog's life. Good news: it works just fine... in certain cases. Bad news: The game works fully only when it's set on software , and it moves with 8-15% speed >.<. When it's set on hardware (it didnt work at all before) its faster (works with x3 speed hack too , the fastest being 41% speed with no glitches other than the common ones) but it won't let me use the smellovision o.o it gets a lil closer then i get an error and pcsx2 closes. i tried every single option (yes including the normal speed, the only difference is that its way slower). Besides, the graphics are totally messed up. The other dogs usually become invisible along with other things such as sheep, even when u control them, Jake usually turns another texture, such as grass and becomes green. But that doesnt bother me too much, it's the speed and the smellovision. Anything i can do? The new beta version doesnt work at all, wether the actual plugins dont work or that it moves from the start (the evil loading screen) with 4% speed.... which mean infinite loading D: it simply doesnt work. Anyone knows what to do or if theres anything i can do? Thank you
What errors do you get with the latest beta? With what settings? What PC specs?

Seems you will only get that game working right with (Software) renderer and your PC just can't handle it so I doubt there's much you can do. Perhaps if you show us your settings and screenshots of the problems we might try to help tho.
(01-17-2011, 08:05 AM)Shadow Lady Wrote: [ -> ]What errors do you get with the latest beta? With what settings? What PC specs?

Seems you will only get that game working right with (Software) renderer and your PC just can't handle it so I doubt there's much you can do. Perhaps if you show us your settings and screenshots of the problems we might try to help tho.

err lol with the beta it's either that the comp can't handle a plugin, or simply not loading at all. I changed the plugins to the older ones from the other version.It doesn't load as in it has a black screen and never passes it. Whats a spec? xD (im stupid yeah but im not that good in comps)
I've got um err... NVIDIA GeForce 7900 GS >.>. Though i can say it worked on my notebook laptop too on software.
Also i can't post pics right now, but i can describe: The GS sse2 plugin doesn't work, it says my hardware/software doesn't support it , though the old one works (i put the old plugins together with the new ones) now another thing, it works hurrah... but when i boot it, wether hardware/software, it doesnt work... either fast or full. For fast, it stops at the very first black screen, and doesnt move, the full one, it starts (the star and square opening thing) but moves at 0-7% speed with 0-3% cpu speed. I'll post pics a bit later.. i cant now >.< they wont upload
your cpu doesnt support sse2? I would seriously consider upgrading your computer if that is the case, processors have supported that for the last 10 years. Im afraid that your PC is too old to even consider reasonable PS2 emulation.

to confirm this, right click on "Computer" or "My Computer" and left click on "Properties" on there it will say there your CPU, starting with "Intel" or "AMD", can you type that whole line on here? Thanks Smile
AMD Athlon™ 64 Processor 3000+ 1.81 GHz, 1.50 GB of RAM Physical Address Extension
^ that?
Thats the one Smile

well, the good news is it should work, the bad news is your motherboard (the bit your processor sits in) is a cheap one which doesnt allow you to use the SSE2 stuff (it was common amongst cheap boards). Im suspecting that was one of the early Athlon 64's on a now (3 times over) redundant connection/socket. Im afraid your 2 choices are, ask someone who knows abit about computers if they can find a BIOS upgrade for your motherboard and hope like hell it works, or upgrade your pc to a new one.

sorry i cant do more than that Sad
(01-17-2011, 09:52 PM)bunyip Wrote: [ -> ]AMD Athlon™ 64 Processor 3000+ 1.81 GHz, 1.50 GB of RAM Physical Address Extension
^ that?
okay, one more question, if it doesnt allow SSE2 stuff... how come the version before the beta works? o.o Also my laptop (notebook laptop or something like that... a tiny one) has SSE3 but doesnt let me play with the hardware option and only with the software? Tongue it moves just the same way (8-10% software, same for that comp im on)

Which one are you referring to "the version before the beta"?

Hmmm i think im getting confused to what your issue is. Can you select a version of GSDX at all in the new beta? The SSSE3 (not to be confused with SSE3, i know, confusing Tongue) will never work on your AMD, so you would need to use the SSE2 version, which has no reason not to work.
(01-18-2011, 01:27 AM)refraction Wrote: [ -> ]Which one are you referring to "the version before the beta"?

Hmmm i think im getting confused to what your issue is. Can you select a version of GSDX at all in the new beta? The SSSE3 (not to be confused with SSE3, i know, confusing Tongue) will never work on your AMD, so you would need to use the SSE2 version, which has no reason not to work.
lol yeah the ssse3 nor sse3 doesnt work on this comp at all nor the 4 one either... but the sse2 works just fine on this pcsx2 version, but doesnt allow it on the beta version. It's compatible with sse2 (im sure i read it somewhere in the pcsx2 options saying it supports sse and sse2
(the version before the beta meaning that one currently released err the 0.9.6 one, the one i've used so far to make Dogs life work)
All i can suggest then is hold on to the older version for the moment, when the next beta comes out, give that a shot Smile
Pages: 1 2