..:: PCSX2 Forums ::..

Full Version: Problems booting up img.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello fellow emulators,

I had just bought Shin Megami Tensei: Nocturne brand new factory sealed, so the first idea that pops into my head is just to download the iso from somewhere and then burn it then play it on my ps2 so i will not have to open the game. Well I have the supposed files for the game but when i go to "test" the game in pcsx2 the emulator will either not run, the playstation 2 software will tell me to insert a ps2 format disc, or it will just crash.

I downloaded a torrent and it came in one .rar file

Inside of that .rar is a folder named Shin Megami Tensei: Nocturne

And inside of that folder are two files

SMTNOCTURNE.MDF (3.97 GB)
SMTNOCTURNE.MDS (4.21 KB)

The first thing I did was tell pcsx2 to boot up the SMTNOCTURNE.MDF file. So I do that, then the little black window pops up for 1 second and then pcsx2 tells me that I have insufficient resources yadda yadda yadda. Now Im a bit puzzled as to why it is doing this. So then I go on ImgBurn and then create an Img file from the TWO files that were in the .rar I downloaded. I get the .img file I created, boot it up on pcsx2 and now the Playstation 2 itself is telling me that I need to insert a Playstation 2 format disc. So THEN i go and make an img file from just the .MDF file and still no luck. The user comments from the torrent don't seem to have any problems with this. What am I doing wrong? I have also tried other games (its been awhile since i used pcsx2) and they work fine. Help please!
Quote:I downloaded a torrent and it came in one .rar file

Our forum does not tolerate any kind of warez talk / discussion / links and no support will be given as such.
Read our rules,specifically rule #1. Thread closed.