..:: PCSX2 Forums ::..

Full Version: ISO - Black screen
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I've tried Silent Hill 2 and MGS 2 so far. For both, PCSX2 acts like it will load and then hangs up on a black screen. I receive these messages in x11.

[attachment=27456]

The recording message continues to add every 3 seconds or so. Is the inability for the system to load these games due to the lack of gsdx on the mac side, or am I missing something?

MGS 3 seems to start and run but it was nearly impossible to get through the opening sequence. I'm wondering if this has anything to do with the previous problem?
well, first of all, turn recording off in zerospu2 settings, that's gonna slow it down.
Otherwise, MGS and RE are among the slowest games to emulate so it all depends on what specs you have
(02-01-2011, 10:17 AM)zedr0n Wrote: [ -> ]well, first of all, turn recording off in zerospu2 settings, that's gonna slow it down.
Otherwise, MGS and RE are among the slowest games to emulate so it all depends on what specs you have

Turned off recording and still unable to open either SH2 or MGS 2. I thought maybe it might be my system but I'm running the 2.4 ghz MBP with 4 gb of ram. I'd say that's out performing the ps2. Even in emulation I'd think that the system could handle the load.

Does it not have anything to do with the XML Loader returning in error?
Not really, ps2 emulation is very cpu-intensive. >3ghz dual core processors recommended. Bilinear filtering and AA4x will also slow it down

I also see some zzogl hacks enabled. Try running without speedhacks etc, I don't have mgs or SH, so can't say anything particular