..:: PCSX2 Forums ::..

Full Version: Low FPS, slow gameplay
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Well, I know I'm a complete noob when it comes to things like this. So, I don't really know if I'm on anything powerful enough to run Pcsx2, but it manages to run other games fine on things like Steam.

I have an Acer Aspire 5742, Intel Core i5-460M processor, Intel HD Graphics, 4GB RAM. Is this good enough to run Pcsx2? if so, is there any way to increase the FPS and make the games run faster? I used speedhacks but that didn't help much...

The game I was running was Mortal Kombat Deception through a disc, not an ISO. Any help would be appreciated Smile thanks
No it will certainly not be enough. As with PC games, that Intel onboard graphics chip will destroy your FPS since it is pretty much weak for anything gaming. All you can do with PCSX2 is check 'Native' in GSdx to lower the load on the graphics chip. And that Mortal Kombat game is very resource demanding needing about 4 Ghz of processing power to work at full speed. For a nicer list of games that have relatively low requirements check this thread: http://forums.pcsx2.net/Thread-LIST-Game...to-emulate
(02-07-2011, 11:33 AM)Bositman Wrote: [ -> ]No it will certainly not be enough. As with PC games, that Intel onboard graphics chip will destroy your FPS since it is pretty much weak for anything gaming. All you can do with PCSX2 is check 'Native' in GSdx to lower the load on the graphics chip. And that Mortal Kombat game is very resource demanding needing about 4 Ghz of processing power to work at full speed. For a nicer list of games that have relatively low requirements check this thread: http://forums.pcsx2.net/Thread-LIST-Game...to-emulate

Are you joking!?! Intel Chipsets are strong depending on the software/hardware it uses (AKA DLL files/onboard). I used the emulator 0.9.6 on a laptop not mine which was Toshiba L600 Sattelite whose specs are core 2 duo (aka centrino) 2Ghz 2GB Ram and Uhh X3100 type internal VGA card... i guess and when I ran tekken 5 the range of FPS was like 19-53 fps and works with good quality and understandable performance. quite good actually Smile

check this uhh thread -> http://forums.pcsx2.net/Thread-Regarding...my-lap-top
I'm talking about the onboard Intel graphics. And I have no idea how what the thread you linked to has anything to do with this one or what you're trying to say.
(02-07-2011, 12:04 PM)Bositman Wrote: [ -> ]I'm talking about the onboard Intel graphics. And I have no idea how what the thread you linked to has anything to do with this one or what you're trying to say.

Intel Onboard graphics are good but yet they don't support the full shader architecture but these hardwares are great. According through some tests the onboard graphics has basically the same as the others except that it may have no internal ram somewhat high mhz internal clock like G41 which has a clock equivalent to 800 Mhz with 32 mb internal.

When I tested the emulator on a Toshiba L600 GMAX3100 an old GPU with a graphics clock of 400 to 500 Mhz. The Frames was better than you expected like 18- 58.63 fps on the tekken 5 game. You say they suck but they don't.
Uh... they suck...
They're slow, have problematic drivers, not even completely working features, horrible support... etc.

You call 18FPS for something that requires 60FPS good? Tongue2
(02-07-2011, 12:39 PM)Shadow Lady Wrote: [ -> ]Uh... they suck...
They're slow, have problematic drivers, not even completely working features, horrible support... etc.

You call 18FPS for something that requires 60FPS good? Tongue2

I don't know about you but you can ask intel about this Tongue. Some of the requirements of some games are rendered automatically. Well i don't know every aspect of their hardware and design but their biggest flaw is no ram but it can use your mainboard's ram if you let it. Try modding your motherboard to do this i dare you. I tried COD black ops with my G41 and it works like a charm Tongue like 30 FPS etc... Seems you hate onboard intel chips but thats your opinion Tongue

There are problematic drivers yes bet they usually update the drivers DUH! check the intel support and details for more info->latest as of now 10/23/2010 for the drivers PLUS it doesn't mean completely 18 fps did I say 18 fps good? Of course not read carefully haha Tongue. Your Biased on 18 and the emulation team didn't say 60 is the required cause they are currently trying to FULLY emulate a Ps2 which is about 300 Mhz Core and a 147.456 Mhz as a total of 447.456 Mhz.
So yeah thanks for the insight. What I said in post #2 still stands even by you then, the onboard chip will NOT be enough for most of the games PCSX2 emulates and will be a huge bottleneck. Stop driving this off topic now, thanks.
euh sorry to drive off this topic but there is one thing I don't understand..
i'm sorry , i'm not english so i did not understand every word wrote here...

if the fps is low is it because of the chip ? and intel core i5 , is that the chip you're talking about
of the ghz ?
the ram ?
all of that ?

is it normal to have video scenes at 60fps
game at 45
and cut scenes at 30 ?
(final fantasy 12 , i assume it's one of the harder to configure and to play well)

i searched that in the site but i did'nt found
sorry if it has been already asked

ps : drive off a topic , is it to make it go up on the topic's list ?
No it means to post things that are unrelated to what the topic is about, in this case the problem with low FPS madmatt has. My graphics chip I mean the integrated Intel graphics, which is not a discrete graphics card like an Nvidia or a Radeon.
Pages: 1 2