..:: PCSX2 Forums ::..

Full Version: Air - the latest PCSX2 retiree
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5
Jake Stine (Air) has retired from PCSX2, after more than two years of vigorous work on the emulator.

My reason for leaving is simple: I am now married and am taking a job that promises to be interesting and challenging, and will be paying me quite well -- and I fully intend to apply myself there as I have here: with unwaivering dedication and focus.

I have really enjoyed working with PCSX2 these past 2+ years. I have learned a lot about a wide variety of things including (and not limited to) becoming intimately familiar with console hardware design, and developing more advanced high and low level software development skills -- such as binary translation and better understanding of operating systems and application binary interfaces (ABIs).

I will be leaving a few unfinished projects in my wake, such as the R3000A rewrite (recompiler and interpreter), and new dmac work. These side-projects were educational in their own ways for myself and other PCSX2 contributors, however; even if they never quite survived into "profoundly operational" status.

I wish good luck to users and current and future PCSX2 developers and bid everyone a proper farewell -- perhaps unusual in emulation, a scene where the programmers often silently vanish.

Jake Stine (Air)
I wish you good luck in Life.
Thank you for all the hard work you gave to this projectWink
thanks for all the work man Smile good luck with the future Smile
good bye Air
it was nice to have you in the team
i hope losing you wont slow down working on the project
good luck with your life
Well, we already did all the proper goodbye parties and stuff.. Tongue2

I'll just reply to abdo123 here:
Jake leaving PCSX2 means an enormous loss. It won't be just a slowdown, unfortunately.
The rest of the team, me included, will still try to keep up the quality though!
Leaving is always bittersweet. Good luck in life Jake! Your work with this project is pretty sweet. Have fun at the new job! We will miss you.
A man's gotta do what a man's gotta do... Best of luck and best of everything Smile

You will be missed...
Good luck Jake!

Thanks for contributing to PCSX2 project and your insightful blog posts on the site! Don't forget to say hi sometime Smile.

Take care
We'll definitely miss you, wish you all the luck in the world with your new projects :)
(02-20-2011, 04:46 PM)Air Wrote: [ -> ]I am now married

Why did you do that for? Tongue lol.

Just joking,anyway I wish you good luck,and farewell.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5