..:: PCSX2 Forums ::..

Full Version: Problem With Lighting Artifacts In ICO - PCSX2 0.9.6 [UPDATE1]
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Note to Administrator: Please delete my previous thread. Sorry for the bad thread.

UPDATE1: According to user RAMA I have switched to PCSX2 0.9.7 R3878 and have tried using GSDX 0.1.16 SSSE3 DirectX 11 with 2x & 3x scaling. Overall it results in an improvement but the places in which the artifacts previously appeared have now just been replaced with artifacts appearing in other areas. I am wondering if there is anything else that can be done? (Please see pictures below to see the new artifacts) [Thank you for the help RAMA]

ICO - NTSC
PCSX2 0.9.6
GSDX890 SSSE3 0.1.14 DirectX 10
Speedhacks: Disabled
Windows 7

I currently have a problem with ICO in which bars appear on the sides of the screen when exposed to certain light sources. In addition to the large bars seen on the sides there are also small fragments which can be seen on the bottom sometimes. This can most readily be seen in the second room lit by candle lights/torches in the game.

I am wondering if anybody else has had this issue or if it has already been solved. Any help would be appreciated and if more information is needed I can provide it.

The images below show the lighting artifacts/bars which I am referring to:

PCSX 0.9.6

[Image: ICO1.jpg]

[Image: ICO2.jpg]

[Image: ICO3.jpg]

PCSX2 0.9.7 R3878

[Image: ICO4.jpg]

[Image: ICO5.jpg]

[Image: ICO6.jpg]
You'll need the latest official PCSX2 beta (or just keep using your svn rev, it shouldn't have changed much).
In GSdx config, try x2 or x3 scaling instead of "custom internal resolution". It could help.