..:: PCSX2 Forums ::..

Full Version: FFXII/FFXII IZJS Editor - rich SaveGame/Memory Editor for FF XII (+IZJS)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11
@ skrewler:
Game saves between FF12 International Zodiac Job System (IZJS) and FF12 Standard (FF12) are not compatible with each other. There are too many structural and underlying core changes that make them incompatible with each other. Now if someone wanted to code a 'converter' that would dissect the game save into the separate data points and then go through all your inventory and alter/remove items to make it 'compatible' then it may be possible. If you want to work on such a system, go right ahead; I doubt many coders want to tackle such a project for a tiny minority.

Play the game fresh, you'll enjoy it more with the changes that way. Read up on guides and plan out your Job and Esper (summon) assignments right away so that you have less issues and restarts from 'messing up' your choices. While you can just use the editor to change your job, this may introduce some unforseen bugs/issues with licenses so it is best to plan things ahead of time.

@ everyone else:
IZJS is easy, like *really* easy. I'd recommend you play the game normally without any altering and you can even ignore using any of the 'best' equipment or weapons just to make things more challenging. Better yet, don't even use any of the techs that lower defense/strength/mdef/matk. I'm kinda sad that using those techs on Yiazmat just renders him a joke now instead of the challenging superboss he was meant to be.

When you get to a new game plus? Go nuts and edit w/e you want Smile

I can confirm that this editor runs on 64-bit Win7 perfectly and without issues. Just make sure when launching PCSX2 and the editor to 'run as admin'. At least that's what works for me. I have my PCSX2 folder 'installed' to my Documents folder instead of the usual Program Files directory.

Double rainbow, all the way!

@ the OP:
I'm sure many people would enjoy FF12 even more if your editor had a 'noclip' mode and a 'fly' mode. Basically, being able to move around freely to go where you weren't meant to go. Some of the areas look like they have places that might have interesting spots to explore.

I'd love to be able to make the game harder in FF12 and IZJS, perhaps by editing the stats/immunities of various mobs/bosses in the game. Maybe start with the bosses and go from there?

I'd use CheatEngine to do all this myself, but I'm hesitant to spend the time to dig through memory addresses trying to find the correct one and hoping it'll work. I also feel that the community would benefit from being able to see some more 'challenge runs' on YouTube for FF12 and IZJS
One important thing about using IZJS is that it isn't perfect and there may be some missing text.

I do like the 'new' font used much better than the original.

Fran-USA
Fran-IZJS
Balthier-USA
Balthier-IZJS

Now unfortunately, Vaan's dialogue at this part (examining the 'fallen soldiers' in the sewers) is missing in the IZJS patch for whatever odd reason. To my aggravation, EVERY LP of FF12 that I saw seemed to either skip the examining completely or neglected to examine it with Vaan as the leader. This forced me to have to rip my US ISO from the original disc again and get to that point (after over half an hour) just to see the missing text.

I hope that there isn't any more missing text because that would really mess up the IZJS experience.
Great Editor! One short question: Will it be possible to also deactivate all Gambits and Teleports in the future? I clicked on those buttons experimentally.. Besides the cheats I am using to avoid killing Wild Saurian 100 times for a Bone Helm at the very beginning I would have liked to keep the game as un-edited as possible.

Excellent work so far!
Nice work! Thanks for the awesome tool.
heya this tool looks really good and would love to use it but errm im new to this EMU thing and im wondering what to do with the files i have

I downloaded a Rar with a .DLL file a readme file and the Exe ...im clueless as to where the dll has to go???? and everytime i try to use the Exe it just makes a file im unsure where that has to go

HELP im so confused this makes no sense to me

PNACH is easier then this!!!!!!!!!!
Hi Sindri44!
I didn't upload FFXII (IZJS) Editor in RAR package, and I uploaded it only here (http://forums.pcsx2.net/) and nowhere else. Maybe there is missing something in your copy...

Redownload it from the first post of this thread, just unpack it and double left-click the "FFXII Editor.exe" ("FFXII IZJS Editor.exe" for IZJS version). See the readme file for more info on how to use it. If you're playing FFXII on PCSX2 emulator, you can edit your game directly into memory, without dealing with save files. Select "Open Process" in the File menu, select PCSX2 from the process list.
Hi, i'm french (i precise that because like others french i don't know speak english lol) and i like programmation and Final fantasy, i like your soft too and i would like to do a translation in french of your software.
I hope that you'll accept it.
Great work thanks so much again
I don't mind. But I'm afraid, this will not be easy, because I didn't follow any globalization/localization rules when I was writing the program. Also, I don't have localization experience. Smile
You certainly don't understant me, I would translate the object name, licences... in your soft because when i want to add something it's very difficult because it's not a translation word for word (like this translation...) so I must to test if it's the good object. If you want i can to do an array for you with the translation and you can replace it with a script.
OK, if I understood you correctly, you want to translate only Item/Loot/Ability names and such... and not GUI?
Then, here are XML files for you, edit only "Name, Text, Comments, Description" attributes, but don't touch "ID, Value" and any other attributes if you're not sure what they are for.
Translate them into French and post them back to me.
If you have any questions about attributes (fields), feel free to ask.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11