..:: PCSX2 Forums ::..

Full Version: Breath of fire dragon quarter game playing issue
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Recently I tried to play breath of fire dragon quarter being the last game of theb trilogy I didn`t play yet. I configured PCSX2 0.9.7 r3878 windows binary using the recomanded configuration.
The game plays slow, but is acceptable for a low performant PC like mine.
The issue: The game starts playing, it behaves normally, you can save or load states and eventually quit the emulator. Next time when you start the game and load the state the game will block in a loop when it needs to load a new sequence by displaying a message titled "access" in bottom-right side of the screen that never dissapears and the game doesn`t advance. that message may appear in normal behaviour but only for up to 5 seconds. I mention that the game is structured in multiple sequences, probably about 1000-10000 sequences and only sequence in use is loaded, the previous one is discarded or compressed.
better not rely on savestates as they are quite unstable.
reload from memcard and try again
The game doesn't have any known compatibility issue, so I suggest you check your emulator settings.
Mainly turn off any speedhacks (besides the recommended ones, those are fine).
hello, i do check this post today and i also cant use the save state bc if u do the game dont let u use the ingame save (tx a lot SOL) XD, but its playable with just a slowtime when u r close to lots of enemies
Yeah I don't follow that post at all. Are you saying that savestates and normal saving can't be done in the same game or are you saying you want to use save states because of the nature of the game and saving more then so many times hurts your possible Dragon Ratio at the end of the game?
if u use the save of the emu u cant use the memory card bc the primary data will not apear so u will not b able to save the game again, just play like a regular ps game dont use the save state atm im 1/128 XD