..:: PCSX2 Forums ::..

Full Version: Cheating, the easy way
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13
why use cheatengine when making a pnach file takes like 30 seconds with omniconvert and pcsx2ce OhmySmile
^I think you miss the point Panda Man;p.
Cheat Engine is for creating cheats;], you can't "create" anything with omniconvert and pcsx2ce, those tools just convert existing codes and often that's not enough, like just yesterday I made a pnach to cover up pcsx2 bug, good luck finding an codebreaker/armax/gameshark code for pcsx2 specific "problem" like that lol. Often some features doesn't work in pcsx2 like those disc swap bonuses from owning other games and you have to create the code to pass around it as well as typically such codes are very rareTongue. There are also specific regional game versions which have no love at all like localized german or french versions and cheats often weren't created by anyone:].
Not to mention cheating something like money takes 5s with cheat engine or any similar program that counts for both pc games and console ones, if you use only simple cheats like that, no reason to waste looking for such code for each game which thanks to pnach file system is commonly very complicated to emulation newbies or just normal, non-geek people.
Cheat engine has also huge community and you can learn alot pretty easily even if you start from absolute 0 or a tutorial like this.
It comes with a great tutorial indeed.
come to think of it i need to link them for .hack hehe, or does that work with a savefile?
Well, thanks to this tutorial I was able to make some good cheats for myself, but I have a few questions I was unable to find an answer for:

1) Is it possible to make a .pnach file continuously set one value equal to another value? (for example in an RPG when you level up your health increases, a static frozen value is meaningless in this case unless you shut down PCSX and modify the cheat every time you level up)

2) Is it possible to set certain addresses to certain values on conditions (i.e. a keyboard/gamepad press) and not constantly? (without any external tools like ArtMoney or CE)
1: if you can find it, I can't see why not

2: Not that I know of
(03-29-2013, 05:59 PM)Saiki Wrote: [ -> ]1: if you can find it, I can't see why not

That doesn't exactly answer the question. I guess I should be more specific:

1) HOW to make a .pnach file continuously set one value equal to another value?
(03-29-2013, 06:27 PM)Bleak Mortis Wrote: [ -> ]That doesn't exactly answer the question. I guess I should be more specific:

1) HOW to make a .pnach file continuously set one value equal to another value?

that should be automatic, the parameter patch=1 means the cheat is applied at each frame. Patch=0 is supposed to runonce but has problems in knowing "when" to apply so I never saw it being used actually.

For those cheats you want to apply and then becoming inactive is enough to comment the code once it is done.

What I believe may be the problem in your case is you are doing this second option and the game is overwriting the specific addresses with fresh values.

Edit: if yo mean pnach reading a value and applying it somewhere else, I believe such is not implemented.
(03-29-2013, 06:55 PM)nosisab Ken Keleh Wrote: [ -> ]Edit: if yo mean pnach reading a value and applying it somewhere else, I believe such is not implemented.

Well yes, that's what I wanted to know. Just for example, I want PCSX to take value from address 0xAAAAAAAA and constantly write it to address 0xBBBBBBBB.
not possible, as far as I know
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13