..:: PCSX2 Forums ::..

Full Version: PS2 (Local) Multiplayer on PC Plugin?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I was wondering if anyone knew of a plugin which would allow two player games to be played over the internet with someone else. I had noticed a similar plugin for the ePSXe emulator, but I could not find one for PCSX2.

Does one exist?
First off, that wouldn't be local that would be online Wink

Secondly, no there is no way. If you'd tried the epsxe plugin you'd know how horrid it works... and with PCSX2 it would be even harder. The PS2's timings are very hard to get right on a single computer with one set amount of settings, what you're asking is to make it many multitudes more difficult because of different PC settings, different PCSX2 settings/versions, etc... so you'd have to maintain a complete sync of the PS2 hardware across 2+ computers all while taking into account the inherent lag of the internet (almost always going to be 50ms and likely to be much much higher)...
You might be able to get XLink KAi to work, I haven't tried but I will let you know once I do
(03-28-2011, 10:33 PM)MyDreamName Wrote: [ -> ]I was wondering if anyone knew of a plugin which would allow two player games to be played over the internet with someone else. I had noticed a similar plugin for the ePSXe emulator, but I could not find one for PCSX2.

Does one exist?

There's a guide in the FAQ for online play:
http://forums.pcsx2.net/Thread-How-To-Play-Online-Guide

Will only work for games that have online capabilities and servers up and running, can get some LAN games to work too.

As mentioned before tho it's not that great, there's a lot of lag involved.