..:: PCSX2 Forums ::..

Full Version: New to pcsx2 could use some help
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Recently got this emulator and would really appreciate some help with it. I started it with my metal gear solid 3 subsistence disk and the menus had a fine 60 fps and the first stage of the game maintained at 45 -55 fps which is sort of playable i guess but when i got to the next part of the level i was down to 35 -45 and that is not playable. I think i thought i could run it with no problem due to my specs but maybe I'm wrong or i need to configure something. When i tried to change the internal resolution down, or to native i got little or no difference in fps speed. I think theirs some CPU thing i need to look at.
MY SPECS:
Hd 5770 1gb sapphire
amd 440 rana 3ghz triple core (no l3 cache) unlocked to 4 cores. (disabled 4th core made no difference maybe slight loss of performance) am3 socket
2gb gskill at 1600 mhz ddr3
300 gb 7,200 rpm i beleive
Im running the latest beta of pcsx2 .9.7 i believe.
thanks for any help!
tried speed hacks didnt seem to do anything.
For MGS3 you'll need a faster system than yours. Read the guides, try to apply some speed hacks at the configuration panel. But still, your system is not fast enough for MGS3 at full speed all the time.
MGS3 is a demanding game, even with a core i7 @ 3.8 I cannot get full speed all the time, I get some lag spikes here and there...
I wonder why?? the game graphics looks very ugly and old, there are games that have better graphics & bigger areas than mgs3 and I get better fps in them?
It depends how the game was designed and coded. There are a lot of physics effects and a lot of grass to render in MGS3. But TBH it is one of the prettiest games on the PS2. If you compare it to crysis, it will look ugly and old (rightfully so, its from 2004!)
(03-30-2011, 09:27 AM)avih Wrote: [ -> ]For MGS3 you'll need a faster system than yours. Read the guides, try to apply some speed hacks at the configuration panel. But still, your system is not fast enough for MGS3 at full speed all the time.

Metal Gear Solid 3 is the one of the most demanding game. Nor even my specs can run mgs3 at full speed. I only get about 40-45 fps with all speedhacks enabled!
And Avih! MGS3 will not run at a Very High FPS
at the latest CPU too.[upto now].

My specs:
Intel I7 Quad Core @ 3.5Ghz
Nvidia Geforce GTX 550
2 GB ram
(03-30-2011, 12:49 PM)recoder Wrote: [ -> ]Metal Gear Solid 3 is the one of the most demanding game. Nor even my specs can run mgs3 at full speed. I only get about 40-45 fps with all speedhacks enabled!
And Avih! MGS3 will not run at a Very High FPS
at the latest CPU too.[upto now].

My specs:
Intel I7 Quad Core @ 3.5Ghz
Nvidia Geforce GTX 550
2 GB ram

newer Sandy Bridges can get the full fps most of the time when overclocked to 4.5-5.0 GHz...

And the GTX 550 is not a very high-end card, its even slower than the lower-midrange "GTX 460 SE", so maybe its your bottleneck... ??

well.... I don't know..??
(03-30-2011, 06:15 PM)hallmark Wrote: [ -> ]newer Sandy Bridges can get the full fps most of the time when overclocked to 4.5-5.0 GHz...

And the GTX 550 is not a very high-end card, its even slower than the lower-midrange "GTX 460 SE", so maybe its your bottleneck... ??

well.... I don't know..??

for pcsx2, the GTX 550 is ample.
(03-30-2011, 09:20 AM)ecenta Wrote: [ -> ]Recently got this emulator and would really appreciate some help with it. I started it with my metal gear solid 3 subsistence disk and the menus had a fine 60 fps and the first stage of the game maintained at 45 -55 fps which is sort of playable i guess but when i got to the next part of the level i was down to 35 -45 and that is not playable. I think i thought i could run it with no problem due to my specs but maybe I'm wrong or i need to configure something. When i tried to change the internal resolution down, or to native i got little or no difference in fps speed. I think theirs some CPU thing i need to look at.
MY SPECS:
Hd 5770 1gb sapphire
amd 440 rana 3ghz triple core (no l3 cache) unlocked to 4 cores. (disabled 4th core made no difference maybe slight loss of performance) am3 socket
2gb gskill at 1600 mhz ddr3
300 gb 7,200 rpm i beleive
Im running the latest beta of pcsx2 .9.7 i believe.
thanks for any help!
tried speed hacks didnt seem to do anything.

Hmmm do you guys know what would run full speed on pcsx2? Would mgs2 work? I tried zone of the enders 2 and that one got worse then mgs 3. tales of legendia wont even get past the first menu before going completely black... and are the devs developing a pcsx2 that will run faster for the future? thanks for helping me out here guys
(03-30-2011, 10:50 AM)refraction Wrote: [ -> ]It depends how the game was designed and coded. There are a lot of physics effects and a lot of grass to render in MGS3. But TBH it is one of the prettiest games on the PS2. If you compare it to crysis, it will look ugly and old (rightfully so, its from 2004!)

Oooops Guys...! I was thinking of MGS2 not 3... from that post I recognized that... I am so sorry guys for the misleading information based on a different game...
I've seen some pictures from that game of gamespot and actually its a beautiful game...
please accept my apologies Laugh

and no I have no idea about MGS3 I don't own the game.
anyone know how kingdom hearts 2 would run on my computer? thanks!
Pages: 1 2