..:: PCSX2 Forums ::..

Full Version: New drive, new problems
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello all

Recently I got a new hard drive. I put all my old pcsx2 stuff that could run any game nearly perfectly on there, and now I can't get more than 5 fps on anything using the exact same svn and settings. All of my other hardware is exactly the same as before.

Please help.
is this a troll post?
does this look like 4chan to you or something? I'm having a problem here, If you can't help me then piss off.
Stabbing in the dark here maybe its a "administrator" issue? Have checked that? It shouldn't be a problem unless of course that drive is bad, I know this si lame but have you tried defragmenting it? But there should be on issues here whatsoever hmm...
Hmm you know I have been getting tons of games and then deleting them, maybe a defrag would help. I seriously doubt it though.

and no it's not an admin rights issue, there is only on account.
Seriously? that is not a HD issue, post your machine specs and Emulator/plugins configuration, something got wrong with your new ini files.

So you didn't reinstall your system? Only deleted/moved some data (including PS2 ISOs and PCSX2 itself) to the new hard drive, am I right? If yes, have you tried and moved the ISOs or the PCSX2 folder back to the exact directory as it was before?
Check this thread, the guy had a similar issue, and it was solved.
I honestly can't believe this, but I redownloaded the EXACT SAME VERSION with the EXACT SAME SETTINGS and everything is back to normal.

Thanks for reminding me to defrag though, I really need to do that.
(04-01-2011, 07:47 AM)bududubdubdubs Wrote: [ -> ]I honestly can't believe this, but I redownloaded the EXACT SAME VERSION with the EXACT SAME SETTINGS and everything is back to normal.

Thanks for reminding me to defrag though, I really need to do that.

lol the mysteries of computers Tongue Glad you got it fixed.