..:: PCSX2 Forums ::..

Full Version: CDVD plugin failed to open!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi guys! Im sorry to disturb you all but im finding really a lot of problems in starting this emulator ( it's my first time using emu of ps2 =( )..

Okay going straight to the point, my pc settings are those:

win 7 ultimate 64bit
intel core i3 cpu M350 @2.27 ghz
ram dd3 4gb

And my PcsX2 0.9.7.3113 config are those:

[Image: settingsm.png]

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

With those options it keep me saying "CDVD plugin failed to open" when i press load CDVD (Full) idem with (fast)...
I can't understand what makes my emu crash..please help me! Sad

Thanks A Lot!! Laugh
Youve chosen CDVDnull as your cdvd plugin, chose an actual plugin like Gigahertz (for discs) or Linuz Iso (for images).
or simply select "Iso" in the GUI but browse the image from "Iso selector". This way you'll using the emulator's internal ISO reader.

Notice this way the null plugin can be kept selected, since CDVD plugin is not being used in this case.

Impressive how that option confuses newbies at hundreds.

The "Iso" box is for using the emulators internal ISO reader (the image must be selected from the "Iso selector" and should not be mounted on any virtual device)

The "Plugin" box means a CDVD plugin is used indeed (The image is selected there, like in LinuzIso or mounted in a virtual/Physical driver and that driver selected on GigaHerz).

The "No disc"... well that one is intuitive, it is useful to call the PS2 bios whatever the reason, like formatting memcards for instance.
Okay i changed my config into this

[Image: settingsk.png]

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Following a video tut on Youtube but still get the same error..
PS. i forgot to say that i'm using a Laptop!!

By the way... can't understand why it gives me this errorrrrrrr im going crazyyyyy <,<
Ok so since you selected linuz Im guessing you are using an image file, have you mounted the image in any program e.g daemon tools? If so unmount and try again.
Oh my....it was as you said.....You saved me!!! Thanks really really a lot! But it is normal that game now loaded go really really slow? i taken to try the game fighting for one piece!! any clue?<,<
Since you are in the starting point yet, I "strongly" advise you uninstalling the emulator from that accursed C:\Program Files (x86) and reinstall it on any user created folder, let's say C:\Games\PCSX2. The folder name really does not matter, the important it is not any Windows "protected folder".

Do this for every game you install from now on, even the PC games. That will spare you from many headaches in near future.

About the low speed. To better know what is the real bottleneck you should tell us what is the video card being used. I think it is a laptop and probably will have a hard time running most games without heavy speed hacking, and some games will not work nicely at all.

So, trying the speedhacks is the starting point anyway. You'll find them in the "Config" menu, under the "Emulation Settings"
(04-14-2011, 04:03 PM)daniele117 Wrote: [ -> ]Oh my....it was as you said.....You saved me!!! Thanks really really a lot! But it is normal that game now loaded go really really slow? i taken to try the game fighting for one piece!! any clue?<,<

Well... I can tell you outright that your CPU is on the slow end for PCSX2... Not a whole lot you can do about that as PCSX2 requires a monster of a CPU (3ghz+ is recommeded with some games not running full speed even on 5ghz)

I also suspect your video card is probably unsuitable for PCSX2 either. Your i3 implies you're probably on an intergrated Intel video chipset which will run very very poorly. Changing the graphics setting to "native" may help... but, in general, laptops make very poor machines for PCSX2 unless you intentionally pick one designed to run it well.
well my graphic card it's the ATI Radeon 5470 with 1gb ddr3 ram...
Okay i think i understand that my laptop may not be the best suited to emulate ps2 games but i see in videos or tutorial that people have a lower system hardware and still run games like FFX ='(

Any clue to run at least a game in a decent way?=(
FFX is one of the easiest to emulate 3d PS2 games for the most part. That said, videos you find on youtube are almost all sped up to full speed. That's because that's how PCSX2's built in video recorder works.

If it's not recorded using fraps, you can't trust that that's the game running full speed.