..:: PCSX2 Forums ::..

Full Version: shadow of the colossus stuttering
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
i just began to play sotc. i of course had to use the VU cycle stealing (value of 2). the other speedhacks had no effect so i unchecked them and left EE at 1. it runs at 60fps but at times stutters (while maintaining 60fps). it seems to be full speed but micro stutters. almost like i have frame skipping on or something. i watched a youtube video of someone running this game and it was perfectly smooth. is there a setting or speedhack to fix this?
Dude, you keep picking the demanding games that required more than 4+GHz on a Core i7 2500k or 2600k to get them to run at playable speed without speedhacks. Which video did you watch on youtube that look smooth, mind linking it here?
i no i hope devil may cry 1 isnt so demending cuz thats wat im playin next lawl. it plays at 60fps but it seems like it skips frames to do so and is choppy and stuttering. but it seems to be full speed and it does stay constant 60fps with VU cycle stealing at a value of 2. does vu cycle stealing cause that stuttering but keeps it at 60fps?

heres that video (he doesnt say wat cpu he has but its oc to 4.2)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_haQSSO9G58
i heard the pcsx2 emu doesnt support quads yet. so would a higher clocked core2duo run faster then a lower clocked quad? or does the added threads quads have help speed up the emu? cuz the core 2 quads have 4 threads and the i7s have 8 threads. do those extra threads the i7s have really boost emu performance?
Haha, that the same guy that I just looked up 10 mins ago. Yeah, he doesn't list his pc specs, but he is running the game very smooth. Pcsx2 only use 2 cores and the other 2 cores remains unused, at least for the most part. I have seen pcsx2 used up to 59% CPU usage on my quadcore (Q9550). A high clocked Core 2 will fun faster than a lower clock quadcore, so it isn't even a comparison. However, a quadcore at the same speed of the dualcore will produce a higher speed/performance, this has been proven by me and others in the forums.

Using speedhacks can produce fake fps in pcsx2, as for the stuttering or skipping it could be that you have frame skipping turned on in pcsx2 setting, or it could be that your GPU isn't good enough.
i have frame skipping disabled. it seems to be full speed but stutters. i saw that speed hacks give false fps readings but when i lower my vu cycle stealing to 1 my fps drops to 50 and its a little slower. so i can assume it should be accurate. its hard to tell the difference between 50 and 60 fps but i leave my vu set to 2 just cuz constant 60fps makes me feel more comfortable. so if i went out all out and oc my core2duo to 4.2ghz i can play as smooth as him? i could oc my cpu to 4.2 but my ram is holding me back. when i increase my fsb my ram mhz goes up. so im stuck at 3.6 without going over 800mhz. is there a way to oc my cpu without it effecting my ram speed? cuz the only option i have left is to get ddr2 1066 so i can finally bump it up. ive been meening to pick up a quad soon (q9650) so i can use the gtx590 without bottlenecking it.
Well, I just tested Shadow of the Colossus with speedhacks and I'm getting high 70s and 80s and it's very smooth.
which ones did u use? do u no of a way to oc my c2d without it effecting my ram speed?
I use pcsx2 r4580 with speedhacks. Are you sure it's your ram that's holding back your overclock? It could be the motherboard or the CPU, the only way to find out is by testing each component one by one, but you need a 2nd pc to do that... That's the method I use on my end to tell which hardware is limiting my overclock.
which speed hacks are u using? i no its my ram bcuz when i increase my fsb my ram mhz goes up also. and i dont want it over its default mhz (800). so i can only increase my fsb to 400 and then downclock my ram to 800 again. cuz with a fsb of 400 my default ram mhz would be over 1000mhz. so wat i have to do is get ddr2 1066 ram which can oc well and have it run around 1200mhz so i can increase my fsb without blowing out my ram.
Pages: 1 2 3