..:: PCSX2 Forums ::..

Full Version: [Bug Report] World Rally Championship series (PAL) with official 0.9.8 r4600
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hi cottonvibes, if i remember correctly i`ve tested world rally championship 4 with revision 4829 or revision 4831.
Sorry, I deleted the revision that i tested after testing WRC4 but I am sure it`s either 4829 or 4831.

Is there anyway to avoid or fix the tlb error from world rally championship 4?
well i thought tweaking the ReadFIFO_VIF1() might fix the tlb errors, but the game doesn't even call that function from what i can see...
I see. It`s strange that I got the error from ReadFIFO_VIF1() function but there must be something to do with
memory allocation for sure(maybe something to do with Emotion Engine emulation).
I only have very limited knowledge on programming so I am not sure how this tlb error could be solved.
Hi everyone,

I've been trying to get WRC3 PAL (it's the only one I have, and it's a physical DVD not an image) to run on PCSX2 SVN (the last build I tested was r5628) but it doesn't work. I can load the game and browse the menus fine (including the 3D car selection), but if I try to load a stage the game stalls at the loading menu (the animation is working, but the game doesn't load the stage). The last message outputted to the console (even with every source except CD/DVD enabled) is :
Code:
branch 19a00013 in delay slot!
branch 19800014 in delay slot!
branch 19a00013 in delay slot!
branch 19800014 in delay slot!
After a few minutes I got a few more messages about Pagesplits, I'm not sure if they're relevant as they appeared more than once before and in some other games that are running fine, but it could be worth mentioning.

I've looked at the Wiki page for WRC3, which states that for the JP version the EE should be in Interpreter mode, but as the tooltip rightly states this is one of the slowest thing in the universe. I'm not sure if it works, but after waiting about 10 minutes to only see the beginning of the intro movie I'm pretty sure it's not the best solution. The GameIndex file contains a few fixes for WRC3 JP about delay slots, but I'm pretty sure they won't work with the PAL version.

If someone knows how to debug those delay slots (maybe a vague technique, which instructions should I look for in the PS2 memory/image or anything that could help) I'll be glad if he could give me some tips on how to do that (and write a possible PCSX2 patch).

Thanks!
Therr is a patch for the us version I believe which jiggles the branch stuff about, it could probably be ported to that version.
was enough seeing Cottonvibes avatar to think how old this thread could be... bug report for .98 sounds... weird nowadays Smile
(05-18-2013, 02:10 PM)refraction Wrote: [ -> ]Therr is a patch for the us version I believe which jiggles the branch stuff about, it could probably be ported to that version.

I'll take a look at it.

(05-18-2013, 03:56 PM)nosisab Ken Keleh Wrote: [ -> ]was enough seeing Cottonvibes avatar to think how old this thread could be... bug report for .98 sounds... weird nowadays Smile

That's true, but the thread was here so I didn't create a new one Tongue2
(05-19-2013, 11:35 AM)Rallymen007 Wrote: [ -> ]I'll take a look at it.

That's true, but the thread was here so I didn't create a new one Tongue2

It's usually better to create a new one than necroing an old one.
Think about it, please Wink
Thank you for your report.
This bug report has now been marked as Resolved since it has been fixed on our code base.

This thread will now be closed and moved to the resolved bug reports subforum.
Pages: 1 2