..:: PCSX2 Forums ::..

Full Version: Very poor performance GOW2 - Why?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hello everyone,

I am trying to troubleshoot why I get such poor performance on God of War 2 - the only game I have to try currently.

I am using the latest beta of PCXS2 with the American PS2 bios.

For my plugins I am using:

GSDX-SSE4 - I have it set to DX10 hardware render. I even tried checking the box for "Native Resolution" - which is quite low, and it still runs slowly.

Lilypad SVn driver with default settings

SPU-2X audio driver (most recent). I tried turning up the latency a little, but my sound still stutters hard in the opening cinemas and in game.

Linuz ISO driver, I am loading from an image

The last drivers are all on default.

Under emulation settings:

EE/IOP tab - all default

VUs tab - all default

GS tab - all default

GS Windows - I was trying 1440x900 window with default to full screen....no matter where I set this doesn't seem to make a difference

Speedhacks tab - I currently have speedhacks enabled. This made a very minor difference. EE and VU are both on default. Is there anything I should try on this screen?

Gamefixes tab - nothing

I believe my problem is audio related. I have no trouble maintaining the maximum frame rate, the problems just come out whenever there is audio. I have the most recent directx.

Machine I am using:

i5-2500k @ 5.2ghz
gtx260
16gb ram

My motherboard has bluetooth, so I am anxious to try out a ps3 controller....just need to figure out what the deal is.

Thanks in advance

(04-30-2011, 08:16 PM)callys Wrote: [ -> ]i5-2500k @ 5.2ghz

did you just add the core speeds together? or are you really running each core at 5.2Ghz? I hope you have a water block or some means of sub zero cooling on there ;p
Refraction -

My chip will actually run stable up to 5.6ghz, but there is some debate as to how much voltage the second gen iCore can take without degrading...

[Image: 52b95c5991b3178be0af47d664e9cf31.jpg]

Using basic corsair h70 cooler with different fans
Actually, them chips have amazing results on air, while not burning your house down. Wink

Tried moving the EE Cyclerate over at all?

BTW - What are your temps at that Vcore?
Rezard does the emulator work good on your system (pretty similar to mine)? Any tips on settings?
Yeah, it works great on my end, especially at those high clocks. Seems like 5.2Ghz should give full speed, even without Speedhacks...

Could you post a screen shot of the first slowdown you encounter from the start of the game?
(04-30-2011, 08:47 PM)Rezard Wrote: [ -> ]Yeah, it works great on my end, especially at those high clocks. Seems like 5.2Ghz should give full speed, even without Speedhacks...

Could you post a screen shot of the first slowdown you encounter from the start of the game?

Pretty much immediately as Kratos gets out of the chair "Kra-kra-kra-tos was-was-was" starts stuttering like that

[Image: 42e3a6d7c15f373c6e4660b83748fefb.png]

Heres a guy with way less hardware running a lot higher settings

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qE8FbK0QrJE
(04-30-2011, 08:20 PM)refraction Wrote: [ -> ]did you just add the core speeds together? or are you really running each core at 5.2Ghz? I hope you have a water block or some means of sub zero cooling on there ;p

Lol, the chip is at greater risk of dying with sub-zero cooling than running it with just a good air cooler. From earlier reports, SB doesn't appear to like very low temps.
Sandy Bridge K series has great properties for overclocking with air you can put over 5.0 but don' like extreme cooling(LN2,Dice) can't overclocking over 5.8 or 6.0 Ghz is the limit .
O.C with BCLK is imposible 5+/- mhz cause inestability

BTW : GOW2 work for my in native resolution , scaling cause garbage graphics
Just loaded it on my brothers machine...

Phenom II 555 dual core
GTS 250

Runs great even with scaling

lol... Oh well
Pages: 1 2