..:: PCSX2 Forums ::..

Full Version: Not working with direct3D11
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Emulator won´t load Games and crash when I set gsdx plugin to direct3D11. I´m running on Windows 7 Ultimate 64 BIT, i5 2.80Ghz, 4GB RAM, Ati radeon HD5670 1Gb. Can anyone help me please? Games (i.e God of war 2) runs at a maximum of 35 fps ingame.
Thanks.
Update to SP1
install the latest updates

install http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2488113
I have SP1 installed, I have Directx11 (see screenshot) and I´ve installed all visual C++2008 AND 2010. But the same happens, the program crashes when I set it to dx11 and try to load an iso.
What the heck!?
If you haven't updated your DirectX then you only have the base DirectX11 files, you still need need to update it (there's an update every few months).

So... did you try running the updater I linked to before? What did it say?
Ok, I did it. The first time I tried to use the dx installer it reported an error, yesterday I tried it again and it downloaded the latest update right, and I got it to work at 60fps average. I only have one question: I have Speedhacks enabled and both EE Cyclerate and VU Cycle Stealing set to 3 in order to get this fps, is this right? or there´s something wrong?
Thanks.
Setting EE and VU cycle rate too high will cause both compatibility problems and random other problems. Some games it's weirdness (.hack//GU for example character models can have their internal skeletons break leading to deformations) other games it just causes additional slowdowns even if the FPS remains high.
I tweaked down a bit those values and luckily Im still getting 60fps, although If I completely disable these speedhacks, fps goes down. So, Im using them but moderately and i.e God of war 2 is running great.
Thanks for your help peolpe!!!