..:: PCSX2 Forums ::..

Full Version: Low FPS
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I am just wondering if I am getting low FPS just because of my processor or if it's something in my configuration. I am testing this emulator out with SSX (a snowboarding game).

My specs:
Windows 7 professional
AMD Athlon™ 64 x2 dual core processor 4800 + 2.50 GHz
3.00 GB RAM
Gforce 9600 GT

I'm currently using the GSdx 3693 SSE2 plugin while playing from a ISO file (Created from my original CD). I start off with about 100 fps (During the disc menu and selecting a player) but when I actually start playing the game (Moving my snowboarder around and doing jumps and things) I drop down to 25 - 30 fps. Which for me is barely playable because it gets choppy. Is there anyway to boost the in game FPS?
You ever use Speedhacks? That could help, since your processor is old and it's clock is relatively lower.
Yes, I've tried speedhacks, but I haven't changed any settings for it, yet.
General tips: Using native resolution, setting clamping to none, try using SuperVU instead of microVU, use speedhacks. If none of those help, there isn't much else that can be done.

Your CPU is both an older architecture and lower than the recommended speed for PCSX2, as such only simpler games (certain 2D ones) will likely play without slowdowns or speed issues.
Oh okay thank you for the help. Looks like I won't be playing any good PS2 games. Sad